THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Re: Beman? Easton? Carbon Express?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Beman? Easton? Carbon Express?
 Login/Join

posted
I have been using ICS's for a few years now, I have had no problems at all from them......

Posts: 24 | Location: Texarkana, AR USA | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been bowhuntin since '66.

Used cedar, gamegetters, fluted excalibers, gold tips, quick strikes, and now ACC 371 / 300s.

The ACC is the superior arrow. very uniform and the excellent quality is noticable in touch and on the range. Heavy enough to quietly thump from the bow yet out penetrating all other arrows I've shot.

I'm tight with money but I would not hesitate to spend the extra bucks for ACCs.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have shot ACCs in 3-39 and 3-60 and they were very accurate arrows and did penetrate well but I have not seen an ACC take the punishment that my Carbon Express have. There were time when an ACC only harvested 1 animal and was destroyed. On the otherhand I shot 5 deer in 03 and 1 in 02 with the same Carbon Express CX400 and head, all I did in all cases was change the blades on the muzzys. All were passthrus. Im not putting down ACCs but they do bend and Carbons dont. If I had to quit using carbons Id then go back to ACCs before alumium shafts.

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try the arrows with the same name as your user id. Been shooting the blackhawk vapors for a couple of years. Carbon express arrows impress me none. Used them with my Matthews Z max. Had serious problems with the bow driving the nocks into the arrows. Every one I had split as a result. The gold tips dont impress me due to high weight variances from one arrow to the next. At least that is what I found. Got turned onto the vapor by my local pro shop and love 'em. They are a little heavier than some like but I want kinetic energy so the extra weight does not bother me. And besides with my short draw, my bow aint that fast to begin with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
280, Ive have never had even one of my Carbon Express arrows do what you are saying happened to you. I normally shoot a min. of 100 arrows a week and have shot them for 4 years now. My brother and huntin buddy shoot them also and have had absolutely no problems. Maybe you got a bad batch of nocks or something like that. Oh well too each his own and besides the world would be boring if we all used the same equipment.

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote