New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Luck Everyone
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just wanted to wish everyone good luck with their hunting this weekend. Tomorrow is opening day here(Ohio)and I can't wait 'till morning! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 117 | Location: Newark, Oh, USA | Registered: 14 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks m1rage!
Good Luck to you also!
I will be out tommorow evening and then again on Sunday. Daughters soccer game tommorow am [Frown] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Our season opened on Tuesday and I've been out every night. Seeing lots of does and hope to nail a few for the freezer.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well the first weekend didn't go to bad. I am hunting a farm that I obtained permission to hunt about 10 minutes from work! I can actually hunt after work for a change! (Most public land worth hunting was over 1 hour for me.) Had a shot at a doe tonight but missed. I think this is going to be a GOOD year!
How did your weekend go m1rage and Ann?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I only got to hunt a couple hours on Saturday morning and didn't see anything. Not really a surprise as most of the deer were in the front yard of the property I hunt when I pulled in to pick up my hunting partner. Guess my truck spooked them! But on a lighter note, my 8 year old daughter passed her hunter safety course Saturday afternnon and now she gets to hunt with me! Can't wait to see her get her first deer! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 117 | Location: Newark, Oh, USA | Registered: 14 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your daughter!!!!
What will she be hunting with this year?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Greg,

The remnants of a hurricane came through on Friday and I was only able to manage an hour in my stand. The tree was bending over a little too much for me. So I left and ended up shooting a woodchuck on the walk out. Fortunately I had a pass through on the little varmint so it didn't take my arrow down the hole with it. I didn't hunt over the weekend. Might go today, tomorrow for sure.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
We're going to start out with Squirrels and see how she does. I got her a Henry Mini-Bolt 22. It's small enough for her and she's pretty accurate with it. If she likes that, I'll probably try to take her deer hunting. Probably get her a single shot 410, or maybe let her try my wife's crossbow. She's not quite strong enough to pull back 40 lbs yet!

[ 10-08-2002, 16:46: Message edited by: m1rage ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Make sure you tell her Good Luck and also post pictures of her first Tree Rat!
My daughter(12 1/2) is getting the itch. We went scouting/squirrel hunting a couple of weeks ago. She had a ball! However soccer and competetive horseback riding takes up alot of her time.
We shall see how things go as far as the hunter safty course goes time wise and go from there.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Greg,
Will do. I think we'll try to get out this weekend. I'm glad to hear that you daughter enjoys hunting also. I'm sure it won't take long for her to get hooked! Good luck !