Find
Notify
Tools

Heat shrink fletching.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted
Has anyone tried any of the heat shrink fletching systems? How do they hold up?

I fletch my own arrows, but I can see where this could be helpful if you were really pressed (time wise) for getting an arrow fletched.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I fletch my own as well and have always used 4” feathers but this year decided to try the quick spins. As far as durability, I haven’t used them long enough to give you a honest response but can give some advise.

Be sure your water is at a very good to rapid boil otherwise you will get bubbles.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am using the NAP Twisters for the first time this season. They are the cats whiskers!! I don't think I'll go back to the hassle of gluing on individual vanes again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Red C.:
Has anyone tried any of the heat shrink fletching systems? How do they hold up?

I fletch my own arrows, but I can see where this could be helpful if you were really pressed (time wise) for getting an arrow fletched.

I did a couple of small-diameter carbon arrows, the plastic didn't hold up too long. The bow is an 40-pound old Black Bear with a generic arrow rest, nothing exotic.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My taxidermist is raving about them. He hunts down deep in the blow downs and canyons with minimal gear. He thinks they will be much better than trying to fletch in a pinch. That said, he did redo all of his hunting arrows and had to retune.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Used them on carbon arrows for the first time last year. They work great. Will shrink your groups considerably. They are very easy to apply. Just take a little care to be sure your vanes are lined up with your broadheads. Hold up fine.

Heading out this weekend for a little hog and deer slaying. Hoping for an axis doe, along with a nice fat porker.

Posts: 8 | Location: Soaring above the clouds | Registered: 27 September 2010Reply With Quote