THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    New to Southeast US - - looking for bowhunt wilderness locales

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to Southeast US - - looking for bowhunt wilderness locales
 Login/Join

posted
I am in Florida now and wish to bowhunt a wilderness area in the SE US. Thinking of Tennessee for example, or North Alabama. I have experience in Missouri, Kansas and OK as well as Colorado but trying to find a good place for public land bowhunting... Thanks, Dai

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your best bet in any new hunting circumstance is to join a local club. Archery club, bowhunters association etc. Get to know the locals and they can explain how things work in that area, and you'll probably find a new hunting partner along the way.

posted Hide Post
The area is not the area I live in. I want to travel to TN and need TN connection, outfitter, vendor, store -- some reference. This was my query.

I now live in FL, not TN and no longer in MO.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks...that helps Conifer. A place to start.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What game would you want to hunt?

My recommendation would be the Cohutta Wilderness area in north Georgia, at around 100,000 acres. Species hunted there would be deer, bear and wild hog. The area is very wild, remote and steep. It is a backpack in area only, no roads, no horses/mules.

If you're interested, I can provide some basic information. I turkey hunt the area and have fair knowledge.

TN River and the Mountain Man...

Posts: 27 | Location: Ringgold, GA | Registered: 31 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Panther swamp in yazoo city, ms

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here you go, give them a call - http://www.tn.gov/twra/ Ask for someone who really knows the public management areas and tell them why you're calling.

In East Tennessee you want Cherokee Wildlife Management Area.

In Middle Tennessee, I think what you want is Land Between The Lakes. They have not only whitetails but fallow deer.

These are big wide open lands. There are MANY others in the Volunteer State as well.

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
If your a cool guy I'll take you flying over the swamp. Excellent whitetail and many wild hogs!

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote