Tools

Check Him Out!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Here's my first EVER buck!

-

I'll try for more photos and the STORY tomorrow. Hunting alone makes things hard at picture time!

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

Hot Damn ... you found a target in front of the bow! Nice fella too!

Congratulations!

Using a tree stand or the blind?

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Ann
Thats a really nice deer.
Can't wait to hear the story.

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ann!!!

[Big Grin] Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulation Ann,

Nice one you got there!

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea! Yea!
Congratulations Ann!
Did you get him out of your blind?

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice! [Cool]

I too cannot wait to hear the story.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the nice buck. Makes me wish I had practiced over the summer so I could have done some bow hunting.

Posts: 178 | Location: Canada | Registered: 03 February 2001Reply With Quote
<DOATargets>
posted
Nice job Ann [Smile]

I know what you meen about taking pictures.

DOA

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Ann
Nice buck
When I'm alone I bring a small slik tripod to
use with my camera,then set the timer and get a
good picture with me in it too.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn your hook now,Hmmmmmmmm whats it going to be more guns or more bows? HA!HA!HA!

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great Looking Buck and A fine Trophy. [Eek!] Congradulations on a great buck. Any Deer taken with a bow is a trophy as anyone can harvest a deer with a gun but it takes good hunting skills to get won into bow range. [Big Grin]

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
<TM>
posted
Excellent trophy, well done [Big Grin]

<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Great Job Ann. Nice buck. [Big Grin]

He's bigger than the one I got last week. [Mad]

<Mark Mcdeavitt>
posted
Great job Ann. you're hooked now!!
Mark

<Orphanedcowboy>
posted
I am still waiting on my first, great buck!

[ 11-10-2002, 02:22: Message edited by: Orphanedcowboy ]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann - I think some folks just have the touch. You must be one of them. For sure you are good enough to play on my team. [Smile]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hi guys, thanks for all the nice comments. I've shot several does in the past, all with my bow. I've also let a lot of spikes, 3 points and 4 points go by. Just Thursday I let a button buck and his sister walk.

I've yet to kill a deer with a firearm. They are nocturnal buy our gun opener, which is Friday, this year. I spent the weekend listening to the yahoos sighting in guns in their back yards. The deer now know to hide. People won't go to a range and sight in! Too lazy I guess. Anyway, the WWIII weekend has shut all deer activity down. A lot of the old folks also shoot their deer before the season opens because they "deserve" their buck. So, I am glad I bowhunt! That's the only way I'll get deer for the freezer.

I don't anticipate a kill on Friday. [Frown] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

I understand what you mean about firearms season ... I did the last sight-in weekend before last on a public range and will hunt opening day on my own land. Gun season opens here on 11/25.

In the past I've noted it takes about a week for the deer to get back to more or less normal after heavy guns are fired in the neighborhood. So ... there may be some hope.

Don't give it up.

Last year I wanted to put one in the freezer with each weapon (bow, rifle, pistol, muzzle loader). Made it with a spare bow deer. Muzzle loader deer was the last minute of the last day!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Late (in African time) as usual. [Big Grin]
Congrats Ann, saw the details in your other posting.
Lochi

Posts: 240 | Location: Johannesburg, South Africa | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote