THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    A quiet end to a fine season

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A quiet end to a fine season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This morning I sat in the woods at my sister and brother-in-law's place. I saw nothing but squirrels, but that's one of the reasons we call it hunting instead of deer shooting. I loosed but one arrow for blood this year and it remedied an old wrong. Our whitetail seasons here are over. I have been blessed by the experiences only those of us who sit quietly in the woods for hours on end are privileged to enjoy. To every archer - whether you shoot the longbow, recurve, or cams; loose cedar, aluminum, or carbon shafts; use fingers or a release; rely on a glue-on two-blade or a mechanical - I wish you all a safe and memorable New Year's celebration and may the peace of your God be upon you and yours in the year to come! Nine months, fifteen days, and counting...

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Deer season ends today for me too. For the second year in a row I had dry arrows. Every deer I saw bow hunting was too young. My muzzleloader made up for it though with three mature does in the freezer.

~Ann

Posts: 19166 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I hate to rub it in, but Winter bow starts tomorrow, muzzleloader starts on the 7th and shotgun is on now, and they all end Febuary 14th. I plan to go out tomorrow with my Black Widow. Looking forward to getting up in a tree, really don't care if I don't see something worth raising my bow to, I haven't got out more than a handfull of times so far this season. I can't complain about this past year, spent 14 days in Africa, Turkey hunted in Missouri, and spent 5 days in Maine! But, I'm looking forward to the next 6 weeks!

Best to all!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Ron, post some pics if you get anything. I will concentrate on rabbits and snaring wild k-9's for the next couple of months.

~Ann

Posts: 19166 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote