Find
Notify
Tools

Where and who in Namibia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted
In the early stages of putting a hunt together in Namibia.
Woodie if your out there can you tell me who Allen Cilliers can be would on the web?

nampom I've set you an enquiry hope to hear back from you soon. Any info from anywhere with a reference would be great.

So far I've search over 50 outfits via the net,hunting report this site and bowsite, narrowing it down so would like to get some feed back from hunters that have been there.
looking at going in late Aug 2008, anybody keen?

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Breith
posted Hide Post
Always keen.

Just depends on the Serena jumping

I could dig out the contacts my mom and dad used, but i doubt they will still be in business.

Posts: 36 | Location: Denmark - | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I've got an outfit that takes bow hunters in Namibia. I will be there in August next year.

~Ann

Posts: 19167 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You didn't say what animals you are looking for but if for plains game, I will be returning to Makalaan farms for another hunt next August for plains game. Antonie Louw owns it and is a good PH. They are set up on his ranch for bow hunting only areas which made the animals less spooked from pressure. His accomodations were good and his wife did the cooking and it was a family style type atmosphere that I would have felt comfortable taking my wife or kid there. They are great people. Look it up at www.makalaan.com and you will find their trophy fees and daily rates very competitive. I took 10 nice animals with my bow last August there. drwes

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Looking at plainsgame, oryx,springbok,steenbok,duiker,hartebee,mountain zebra.
Like the look of a couple of outfits to date.
Has anyone hunted at Vieranas?
You serious Morty?
I'll be booking this inside the month.
Serena is fine and with Morten A at the moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highlander,

I've hunted with Alan and son Wayne twice, once in 2004 and again this past June. They run a great outfit and are set up for bowhunting only. There are a lot of kudu, gemsbok and eland, and all the species you list, except mountain zebra, are there as well. There are zebra, but not the mountain zebra. While I was fortunate enough to take a springbok in '04, there are not a lot of them on the place. In 20 days of hunting, I saw 3 rams. That said, I don't think you could go wrong hunting with them. They book through Neil Summers of Bowhunting Safari Consultants. Feel free to PM me if there is anything in particular you'd like to know. Good luck.

Posts: 10025 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highlander

This the link for Allen http://www.cilliershunting.com/bow.html

You can't go wrong with them .I too have heard good things about makalaan as well.I met three hunters in Wyndhoek who hunted with them.They loved it.

Woodie

One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys its always good to be able to get feed back.

This little project is getting very interesting, I'm normally on the other side of the equation.

I'm finding it very challenging, especailly now that I have the short list down to 3.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Highlander

Any other questions shoot me an email Woodie71@aol.com

Woodie

One of Us
Picture of namibiahunter
posted Hide Post
Armin Fietz at ETEMBA HUNT AND SAFARIS regularly takes bowhunters out. All the species that you list are available on his 11,000 hectare ranch. You can hunt from 4 bow hides or by stalking in the bushveldt.

Check out his site at http://namibiahunter.angelfire.com

If you have any questions, please PM me.

Namibiahunter

Posts: 665 | Location: Oregon or Namibia | Registered: 13 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a huge difference in safari companies that "do bow hunting" and those that are bow hunting outfitters. When you are at a SCI meeting and you are talking to an outfitter and you ask, How are you set up for bow hunting" If they blink and there is a pause in the conversation,,,,,,regardless of what they say, having a few hides or blinds does not make it a bowhunting paradise. You need a large number of hides or water hole to choose from just like in the states, wind direction changes , game movemnt, etc., keep you options open..

you can make more money, you can not make more time

Posts: 786 | Location: Mexia Texas | Registered: 07 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drwes is correct. We hunted with Makadi Safari's this year and expected to bowhunt the majority of the time. Most of the blinds were unsuitable for bowhunting. I figured this out in advance and brought my rifle and had a great hunt. 3 bow kills and 8 rifle kills. The animals were top notch.

Posts: 151 | Location: NC | Registered: 11 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just returned from a hunt with Christies Adventures in Namibia in May. I did a gun hunt, but Christie actually specializes in bowhunting and has a lot of his area that is bowhunting only. Check out Christiesadv.com.na
If you want more details, send me a pm.

Pat

Posts: 315 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Christie's place is great for bowhunting.
Been there and the game was plenty around waterholes.
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
Well after much thought and research and alot of help from members here I have managed to make my decision for Namibia.
One thing that really impressed me about the outfitters I spoke within Namibia was there BIG picture prespective. Without exception those that I enquiried to put their personal agenda's aside in respects to seeing that I had a good experience in Namibia regardless of who I chose to hunt with.

Thanks to all for your input.
I'm hunting with Alex McDonald at Gun and Bow Safaris in August 08

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Great decision !!! You will never regret it.
Good luck.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Breith
posted Hide Post
I have no doubt that I will regret it

Allready looking forward to it.

Posts: 36 | Location: Denmark - | Registered: 12 February 2007Reply With Quote