THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Some bow hunting in tropical Africa.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some bow hunting in tropical Africa.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yawan.
My friend from Spain with a great Mountain Nyala from Ethiopia.

Yawan with a 28" Forrest Sitatunga from Cameroon.

Yawan again with a 51" Lord Derby Eland from CAR.

Yawan with a 31" Bongo from Cameroon.

Fritz Rabe
Askari Adventures & Fritz Rabe Bow-hunting

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Awesome! That must have been sometime ago? His bow looks older? Is he still bow hunting?

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ann.
It was not all during the same hunt. We did a few hunts to bag them all and he has upgraded his bow since. The Lord Derby Eland was of this year and yes, he loves bowhunting and we do 2-3 trips every year.
Regards

Fritz Rabe

Posts: 217 | Location: Musina South Africa | Registered: 08 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
You've certainly led Yawan to some quality trophies! Thanks for sharing, archery hunts are the best.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
You've certainly led Yawan to some quality trophies! Thanks for sharing, archery hunts are the best.

Thank you lady and I support you with that statement.
Regards

Fritz Rabe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice animals indeedSmiler

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz
Most of those animals are seriously difficult to bowhunt. As a keen bowhunter myself I would like to hear some details on the gear used and the hunts themselves.
JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi JCHB.
All or most of the information was published in the African Bowhunter & Archer magazine. I am sure that Rean Steenkamp (the editor) will indicate to you which ones holds the articles and can supply you with them if asked.

I am a bit concerned about writing here on AR about those and other similar hunts that I have done as I am being told (by other users of AR)that I am a liar and a bulshitter on other threads on AR.

Therefore I shall focus more on reading the posts than sharing experiences because I am still a newcomer to AR.

You are welcome to e-mail me and I shall gladly share with you all that you require.
Regards

Fritz Rabe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz
A few negative comments shouldn't put you off. With the broad spectrum of members on AR there are bound to be a few that you don't get on with and vice versa. It's far better to be a contributor than a mere fence sitter.
JCHB

Posts: 412 | Location: KZN province South Africa | Registered: 24 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Point taken and thank you.

Please ask me specifics on what you would like to know and I shall gladly answer them. It is impossible for me to answer everything just in general.

Fritz Rabe

one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
Hell, Fritz,

I have no doubt at all that you've done what you say, and I'd like to hear every detail of all of those hunts - including what you had for breakfast, and the state of your bowels.

Many of us (including me!) type so slowly that we seem abrupt and rude in these posts. No offence intended by us.

Then, of course, this virtual world is rampant with actual assholes, too! Big Grin

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Don.
As mentioned before. Ask me and I shall answer to the best of my ability.
I just dont know what exactly it is you want to know. I shall gladly help if I can.
Regards

Fritz Rabe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
fritz
don't let the naysayers get you down
never gave much credit to those who argue with years of experience.
have been enjoying your posts on these forums.
Look forward to more.
Beautiful creatures and we could stand a few more.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
fritz
don't let the naysayers get you down
never gave much credit to those who argue with years of experience.
have been enjoying your posts on these forums.
Look forward to more.
Beautiful creatures and we could stand a few more.

Thank you sir.

Fritz Rabe

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fritz Rabe:
Hi JCHB.
All or most of the information was published in the African Bowhunter & Archer magazine. I am sure that Rean Steenkamp (the editor) will indicate to you which ones holds the articles and can supply you with them if asked.

I am a bit concerned about writing here on AR about those and other similar hunts that I have done as I am being told (by other users of AR)that I am a liar and a bulshitter on other threads on AR.

Therefore I shall focus more on reading the posts than sharing experiences because I am still a newcomer to AR.

You are welcome to e-mail me and I shall gladly share with you all that you require.
Regards

Fritz,

Howzit...

Would love to see the guy telling it to your face you are full of BS ... Poor oke Big Grin

In my opinion and then it maybe a very limited one you are the top bow hunting guide in Africa.

Would love to come and hunt with you in the your new Mozambique concession one of these days. Again a top location and outfit you have running there. Cool

Then you need to remember you get a lot of African Experts here on AR that has been here once and then call themselves EXPERT sitting across the pond in a nice warm and secure environment.

On the other hand ...

Enjoy AR and I hope you get to make some great friends here like I have been fortunate to make over the years. Wink

Cheers,

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Gerhard.
Good to hear from you. When I do a bow hunt in Moz you are welcome to join. It always helps to have more than one person on the team that understands bow hunting.

Fritz Rabe

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fritz - Mayed the same decision some time ago about posting hunt reports here on AR for all to snipe at. It's sad this happens, but simply not worth the effort to put up with the crap. I too have indicated that I will be glad to share hunt pics and reports with those that are truly interested via the PM route. I know at least a half dozen others here who do the same. It's kinda neat sharing these things with the genuine folks. (dozen or so in the Round Table). Enjoyed the pics, thanks.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be a thread crasher but if you get sick of hostilities here there are a lot of nice bowhunters over at africahunting dot com forum. Check it out.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Very friggin impressive. I take my hat off.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9869 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote