Find
Notify
Tools

Son's shooting session
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted
Just wanted to show off some pictures of my son. He made the shot on the "deer" after about his fifth try so I had to run and get the camera. We shot for about 3 hours that day, he's really taking to the traditional archery.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Priceless! Thanks for showing them. Hes a sure shot.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! He's really going to like that picture more & more as he gets older.
That's about how big I was when I started flingin' arrows.
Now I know what to do with all those old hunitng magazines that pile up around here.
When I was little I spent many days reading my grandfathers' back issues of Field & Stream, Sports Afield & Full Cry. They really got my interest in hunting jump started.
Thanks for sharing.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Great Picture.

I used to like to shoot at swinging bags with my toy bow. It worked better when I took the suction cups off and used field points. I didn't have a real bow back then. Your son has a great father to get him a decent bow to learn with.

Are you going to take him with you Deer Hunting? Once he sees/makes his first kill he will be hooked for life.

I still enjoy the time Deer hunting with my father. I was the one that got him started Deer hunting after I brought home my first Muzzleloader kill.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love the casual cross-legged pose.The boy looks like a pro at shooting arrows and pics already!

We seldom get to choose
But I've seen them go both ways
And I would rather go out in a blaze of glory
Than to slowly rot away!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Shreveport,La.USA | Registered: 08 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
The bow is one that was given to me when I was about 7 by my fathers uncle. The arrows are some of my Easton 390 that got messed up several inches from the points so I got them cut back to 18" and new inserts installed. He started shooting much better when we switched to this bow from his other "beginner" type bow.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent,stickbow to boot.

Like your freedom...Thank a Vet.

Posts: 29 | Location: NJ | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote