New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What would you do?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'd sell the MQ and forgo the headaches.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet little bow! If the draw length can be changed with little problem and expense, I'd keep it as a second rig.

Find a local Mathews dealer and see what you can come up with.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kilmer,
My draw length, actual from the pivot point to the nock, is also short - 27.25". I looked at the Mathews bows about 5 years ago and couldn't get one to perform with the short draw length. They shot accurately, but bled off a lot of the advertised speed as the draw length shortened. Also, they seem to lose speed at a faster rate when you move up from the 5 grains of arrow per pound of draw weight. To get a shorter draw you may be looking at another module and definitely another set of cables and string. Get it set up at a competant bow shop and experiment. If you do not feel satisified you lost some time and effort, practice time, and maybe 100 bucks or so. Most of all you will gain experience with another popular brand of bow and will probable have shot some more arrows than you would have if you don't try it out. Both are a plus.

Picture of kilmer
posted Hide Post
Maybe you all can help me with a pretty high class problem I'm having.

Last night, at the local RMEF banquet, I won a Mathews MQ32. It has a draw lenght of 30", but my draw length is only 26".

I'm trying to decide whether I should just sell the Mathews (I have a Martin Tracer that I bought last year that I am satisfied with), or keep it, change the draw length, and trip the Martin.

Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure, based on info on the Mathews site, that the draw length is pretty easily shortened. What I don't know is how much it would cost for the new cam. Any Mathews experts out there?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Posts: 27 | Location: N. Utah, USA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
If you are happy with your present set up, sell the new one.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote