THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    African Countries that allow bowhunting for Dangerous Game

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

African Countries that allow bowhunting for Dangerous Game
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What countries allow bowhunting for Dangerous Game?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Trapper 1

Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe for sure. In Zim on private property you'll find established blinds and PH's well versed in archery.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I’m not an archery guy so I’m not entirely sure, but depending on the species you can hunt some in Zimbabwe. I know that Zambia has had buffalo bow hunted in the past.

Lots of places set up for archery in South Africa as well.

I seem to recall something about Zimbabwe removing elephant and lion by bow by not approving permits at one point. That might have been temporary and related to the Cecil fiasco.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:
Trapper 1

Zambia, Botswana and Zimbabwe for sure. In Zim on private property you'll find established blinds and PH's well versed in archery.

Mark

Mark -

Back in 2004 I hunted Bangweulu and another concession with Andrew. I had been hunting in South Africa prior and had my bow with me. I wasn't going to hunt with it, just had it as baggage.

When Laura picked me up, she told me that I had to declare the bow as a weapon just like the rifles.

I was shocked. She sorted it quickly as she always did. Not sure if it is still the same.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

Good to know.

THX

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12867 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
Didn't have to declare anything in September when I did my lion/buff in SA.

As far as I know:
No rhino- haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone about darting one with a bow.

Zimbabwe the big 4, although elephant is on paper only, they're not handing out permits

Zambia the big 4 including ele and hippo/croc

SA- lion & buff. No leopard, ele, ? dart rhino. No croc/hippo.

Unsure of Zim re hippo/croc. I am going to Zambia in September for those two with a bow.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote