THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Was just given a bow and would like some info on it

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Was just given a bow and would like some info on it
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have never been a bow hunter but recently was given a used bow. The bow is made by High Country and the name is Excalibur.

Is this a decent bow? came with a quiver and sight pins, and what I think is a "peep sight" on the string.

Is this soemthing I could use as an entry into bow hunting for whitetails etc. ?

What arrows should I try to start out with?

Is there anything I need in addtion to arrows and target to get started?

Any advise would be very much appreciated .

Posts: 43 | Location: Western NY | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
The best advice is to take it to an archery shop. Let them fit the bow to you and measure the draw weight. Then you can choose the proper arrows. You cannot get the correct arrows without knowing the actual draw weight and draw length. The length is adjusted to fit you first.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote