New
Find
Notify
Tools

CROSSBOWS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
ANYONE USE A CROSSBOW FOR ANYTHING ON HERE? I'M THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE TO SHOOT TARGETS WITH. I'M NOT GOING TO SPEND A LOT OF MONEY ON ONE BECAUSE IT WILL BE JUST FOR FUN.I SAW A BARNETT 150LB CROSSBOW ON A WEBSITE FOR SALE FOR $99. LOOKS LIKE WHAT I NEED TO PLAY WITH NEXT. OPINIONS PLEASE..

<Paul Dustin>
posted
I use a Horton Legend SL It a 175# draw and I shoot 20" Horton super light arrow and a 75gr broadhead and it shoot at over 300fps.I use it for deer hunting. It is setup with a 2.5 power scope and it shoot great

one of us
posted Hide Post
THANX PAUL

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tenpoint or excalibur are the ones to get. I have the tenpoint and bought it for the anti-dryfire feature. It will not fire unless you have a bolt loaded. The xcalibur is a nice bow. I sometimes wish I had bought it. Keep in mind the numbers you see advertised is usually with very light arrows. Most companies do not recommend hunting with such light arrows. There is a possibility of bending the axles. The higher the poundage of the limbs the heavier the bolt needs to be. The excalibur uses recurve limbs (no wheels).

Posts: 32 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote