THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Ambidextrous vs. Right or Left?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ambidextrous vs. Right or Left?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm a bit Ambidextrous only because I practice at being that way. Normally Right Handed, but can do some things pretty good as a Lefty.

The Compound I have is for a Right Hander, but I'm considering getting a Lefty Recurve for Bow Fishing. The Compound will use a 3-pin Sight, but I intend to shoot Instinctive with the Recurve. Thinking through the process, I believe it would be easier to keep the Accuracy up with each different set-up, by shooting Ambidextrous rather than shifting from Sights to Instinctive with the same Draw Hand.

Do any of you shoot Ambidextrous?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I think it would be best to stick with one or the other. You would be well advised to determine which is your dominant eye, left or right, and that will be which bow to use.

Posts: 94 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 23 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
I am a left handed shooter but my left eye isn't as strong as my right anymore. I have been thinking about switching, too. I shoot rifle with both and I think with a decent amount of practice I could become proficient with both.

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Grin The question may have resolved itself. I went looking for a Left Hand Bow and was surprised to find that a whole lot of the Bows I was considering, just are not made in a Lefty version.

I was thinking that a Martin Jaguar or a PSE Kingfisher would do just what I want and be available locally, but neither come as Leftys. Boooo!

Did find the following are available at the Bow Hunters Super Store in 36#-40# and they are the Take-Down style:
Greatree Firefox $105
Greatree Mohegan $97
OMP Smokey Mountain Hunter $170
OMP Explorer $128

My old MARINE CORPS buddy Ralph said to keep looking for a good Used "Wooden" Recurve(non-take down). He said they have one HUGE benefit when Bow Fishing the Florida Flats - when you need two hands, you can "lay the Bow on the water" and it will float. homer

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote