Notify
Tools

Any fingers shooters here?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
What kind of bow are you shooting?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot a Browning Midas with fingers. I converted two brownings to release but the two shot great with fingers. The Mirage and Maxim Hunter.
You will have a hard time finding a finger bow now with the short bows. This is the reason I will not change bows because I can shoot mine either way. Face it, they don't care about finger shooters any more because the market is not there.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
BFR: I tend to agree that the makers re leaving the fingers shooters behind. That said, I have my eye on a used BowTech Constitution.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16398 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Along with my BobLee recurve I have a Mathews Conquest, the first one on the market, set up for fingers. I have been shooting a hook lately but still enjoy shooting fingers.
My biggest deer to date was with this bow and a black bear that I shot from the ground at 6 steps!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunt with a Great Northern Critter Gitter longbow. It pulls about 63# at my draw w/ fingers. I enjoy the challenge making success in the field far more rewarding and well worth the effort. I find little satisfaction from hunting with compounds. They are too far removed from archery for my taste.

GVA

One of Us
Picture of F.C.Selous Stu
posted Hide Post
Any 1 got a mathews Drenaline

The Archer seeks the mark upon the path of the infinite,

The Prophet
Kahlil Gibram

Posts: 117 | Location: Durban/Grahamstown, South Africa | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote