New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rage broadheads?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been thining of switching to the Rage slipcam broadheads. The principle behind it just makes sense to me and ther are a lot of people who have good things to say about them.

My question her is what do yall think of them and can anyone explain to me why you would use the 3 blade version over the 2 blade version, or vise versa. The 2 blade has a larger cutting diameter by 1/2" and both broadheads wheigh 100 gr.

Thanks ahead of time.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Most reviews ive seen on archerytalk favor the 2 blade. Thats what im gonna be shooting this year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks thats what I already bought.

6x NFR Qualifier
NFR Champion
Reserve World Champion Bareback Rider
PRCA Million Dollar Club
02' Salt Lake Olympic Qualifier
and an all around good guy!

Posts: 354 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I shoot with 125 grain three blade NAP,s - crossfire, the actual blades spin independantly of the arrow and the results have been awesome.

From what I can understand is that with three blade broadheads, the broadhead does more damage than a normal two blade, also it produces a bigger and more uneven entrance and exit wound creating a better blood trail. I have used them extensively this season and have had not problems whatsoever. in fact I am so impressed I went and bought 6 packs. With a three blade the tissue damage is extensive. Also on a marginal shot I would be glad that I used a three blade and not a two...

good luck

So far my crossfire's have accounted for - two kudu, three blessbuck, one blue wildebeest, three warthog, one bushpig, one gemsbuck, a couple of guinefowl, a rabid dog and nearly my mother in law Wink all of the animals shot were shot with the crossfire 125 grains, I achieved complete pass throughs with a bow setup of 65 pounds at 31" draw length.

Posts: 605 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'll be out this year yet again with my plain jane muzzy 3 blade and thunderheads. When they stop having the same POI as my field points, and stop killing the game I'm using them on, I'll stop using them.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of lhanson8
posted Hide Post
I shot a doe with a 3-blade Sunday evenging and I was impressed with both the entrance hole and blood trail. Especially since she jumped the string a little and the hit was higher than I would have liked. The arrow exited between the last two ribs, and got part of the stomach. No blood from the exit hole made it to the ground.

One of my hunting buddies shot a doe on the other side of the ranch, he was using a 2-blade rage and I was even more impressed with the hole in his deer.

I'll be going with the 2-blade in the future.

I still won't use them on elk...

Posts: 82 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 20 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rage 2 Blade I bought 2 of the 3 packs one for myself and one for my hunting partener. I havent had the chance to bowhunt yet this year I was chasing elk in AZ with 458lottfan. My hunting partener here in Ohio shot at a doe last nite and ended up sticking 2 arrows into the dirt 2 complete misses. This was an expensive test for him. It cost him 18$ to find out the stick in the dirt. I am waiting to try mine on one of the stands I have set up where there is a 5 -10 yard steep downward angle my theory is that this being a low percentage shot the extra 1 Inch cutting diameter may pick up the slack. I have not yet had a problem killing deer at this setup with Muzzys If sucessful I will post pictures. well they worked just fine here are the results