Find
Notify
Tools

Early season buck
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
Here is a buck i killed last sunday. My best to date. Gross 155. Im as happy as could be. This thing was a hog! I wish i had a scale at the time, but he had to weight 225 lbs or so dressed..what do you guys think? Im 6'1"180..so if that gives any indication of size.

Im still have a smile on my faceSmiler

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic! You have me pumped for the morning! Our season starts in hours!

Congrats to you. It is too difficult to judge deer wt via pics but I agree, he is a toad.

I'd say he easily goes between 215 and 235 dressed.

How about some details on the equipment used.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doc

My bow is a Reflex, about 10 yrs old. I love it!
XX75's 2413 and 85gr Thunderheads...never let me down. archer

32 yd shot,slightly quartering away. Made a good hit through both lungs..only went about 50-75 yds.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
UNGOWA!! Great deer and great pics. Makes me brave enough to fight the mosquitoes saturday
Wayles

Posts: 57 | Location: western nebraska | Registered: 04 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats

that's a good one. Smiler

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beauty of a buck! That is a toad for sure.

I'd be a nervous wreck if a buck like that showed while I had archery tackle in hand.

Have a Good One,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh K,
Great buck and a heck of a job there guy. Congrats are in order. I know your're jazzed. How 'bout some particulars. Had you seen this guy before, had you patterned his movements. How far away were you when you shot him. Were you in a stand etc. Love to hear the details.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
Great buck! The biggest buck I've ever killed was with my bow, too. Sure gets your adrenaline pumping.

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh-

Congratulations on a job well-done!

Please do fill us in on more of the particulars of the hunt once the pulse is back closer to normal.

archer

one of us
posted Hide Post
As they say about BIG leopards ... that fella's a TOAD!

Congratulations indeed!!! I'd have sore muscles from smiling so much if I hit that one Wink Wink Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a nice deer in all respects. Nice job.

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck! Those small points coming straight out of the bases over the eyes are pretty neat!

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Not very familiar with whitetails, but it sure looks like one big buck! Congrats and thanks for sharing with us! Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trust me when I tell you that boy is FAT. On top of being a great buck! Congrats Josh!

I'd accept your weight estimate in a heartbeat, most folks overcall whitetail deer weight by a bunch, but that guy is huge. Great shot by the way!

Fired up for my archery season as ever!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote