Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Pig hunt
 Login/Join

by Bakes (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Picture of Bakes
Went out today with a mate. Got a nice pig with a better cape than the last one. Had a shot of Pete's 458 Lott. WOW!!!

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Nice pig nice photos. I had a #1 in 458lott that gun was a handfull!!! Was a blast to shoot.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Had a shot of Pete's 458 Lott. WOW!!!

Looks like you guys were wingshooting with that Lott! roflmao

Nice pig.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I guess pigs are flying now in Oz. The Lott is a great pig thumper.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
Looks great--What type of scope on the lott? How many rounds so far. Love to get down there and bring my Lott.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The scope is a Leupold. The ruger started life as a 458winmag. Pete just had it re-chambered and those were the first shot out of it.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
"Hollywood" Bakes strikes again,well done.

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Went out today with a mate. Got a nice pig with a better cape than the last one. Had a shot of Pete's 458 Lott. WOW!!!

How's the shoulder today? Mine knows that I've had a couple of thumps laid on it, I have posted to the big bore discussion enquiring about an effective recoil pad!
Pete.

Posts: 58 | Location: Tindal N.T Australia | Registered: 27 May 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Shoulders alright, stuffed the back up by lifting the esky!

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures bakes !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
And the good news is that the yanks have gone (Marines) and I have more time on my hands to go hunting.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

Getting a good pad on that #1 will help and putting a 7/8" bolt in the butt to add another 8oz will help tame the recoil even more. Another thing about shooting big bores, the more you shoot them the easier it gets, I guess you could call it conditioning. Dropping back to 400gr bullets for pigs and plinking is annother way to get use to the bigger kickers.

These are some of the things I have done to get use to my 458 Lott. Then when you go back to the 500gr @ 2300fps, it is not such a big step up. The Lott is a great round, and fun to shoot, but it ain't no 308.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote