The Accurate Reloading Forums
Korean cheeseburger. I want to eat this before I die

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9811043/m/8731090462

24 January 2021, 09:04
boom stick
Korean cheeseburger. I want to eat this before I die
If you don’t salivate, you might be dead already.

https://youtu.be/JNnWwS6MvUY

Eeker

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)
24 January 2021, 16:20
Saeed
Bloody hell!

With all that fat and junk added to it!

No thanks!

I will stick to my own.

Lean beef. rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000
24 January 2021, 17:43
Bill/Oregon
Wait ... Kirkland American cheese? They have Costco in Korea?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author
25 January 2021, 05:15
Michael Robinson
This is bogus.

Everyone knows that the first and key ingredient to a Korean cheeseburger is a plump Pekingese puppy.

Where do they come up with this stuff?

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.
25 January 2021, 19:15
nvmichael
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Robinson:
This is bogus.

Everyone knows that the first and key ingredient to a Korean cheeseburger is a plump Pekingese puppy.

Where do they come up with this stuff?

rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo
04 February 2021, 07:12
Scott King
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
If you don’t salivate, you might be dead already.

https://youtu.be/JNnWwS6MvUY

Eeker

Dear, Sweet, 8 pound, 6 ounce Baby Jesus.
04 February 2021, 08:59
Jason P
I just went out and ate a hamburger and fries, before I watched this video. After watching them prepare the burgers on YouTube, I think my days on earth are numbered.
06 February 2021, 04:29
custombolt
Hmmmmm. I don't feel dead.
Those were some fine/well made burgers and rolls until the food lube slop was added. Great burgers stand on their own. OK, got to add cheese, ketchup & onions, salt and pepper and of course some nice thick applewood smoked bacon wouldn't hurt one bit.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.
06 February 2021, 09:09
Scott King
Up here I don't get to go out and eat ever.

Ever.

I'm a bit obese and 52. I've been working since mid September to get headed the other direction.

Dammit that looked appetizing at least once.
07 February 2021, 05:07
boom stick
https://youtu.be/VIG0xzVGe10

The tortilla press and beef tallow methods look legit.

08 February 2021, 05:38
custombolt
Good luck with that Scott. I was heading that direction and when I got to like 235 pounds, changed my tune. Feeling much better at 195 now. The big drop was mostly from limiting my bread and pasta intake to 1X a week. Soda pop is now a treat 1 or two times a week not a staple and sitting in front of the TV with a bag of chips or whatever is a thing of the past. A quick single serving, stand up snack works for me.
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Up here I don't get to go out and eat ever.

Ever.

I'm a bit obese and 52. I've been working since mid September to get headed the other direction.

Dammit that looked appetizing at least once.

08 February 2021, 09:25
NormanConquest
I can relate. Now that I am semi-retired my eating habits have not changed. Since my youth, I have been a "meat + potatoes" guy. When I was working my shop 12 hours a day + always on my feet there was never an issue. Now, however, the only answer besides exercise (good in itself) is just don't eat so much, + if so more salads + less meat + potatoes. I know that is sacrilege but there you are.

Never mistake motion for action.
08 February 2021, 19:56
custombolt
Randy,

My retirement made me use less calories and now I have time to experiment with food. Getting pretty good at it. But, it's tough to stop at one plate full. Can't eat the store bought salad dressing anymore. Too much crap and chemicals in that stuff.

Less beef and fatty meats here. Potatoes 1X a week or less and that starch makes me bloat like a plump Christmas turkey. Pizza once a month unlike once a week as before. Now, I feel uncomfortable eating the fatty stuff. Still hitting the bacon and eggs though. 1X a week or less on the bacon. Baked at 400 on a steel sheet pan and drained twice along the way. Drippings are saved in a coffee cup.

Got a counter top rotisserie? This simple chicken rated a 10 on our food rating scale.
The key to great chicken is high quality meat to start with. You know, garbage in - garbage out. Perdue is some of the worst chicken these days and can be woody on the breast and legs, not at all as good as it was when the ol' man ran the company.

Get two fresh chicken quarters and cover the skin with sea salt. Let sit at room temperature for 45 minutes. Rinse under cold water and rub to make sure all the salt is gone. Dry thoroughly with paper towels.
Skewer them through the thigh at a slight angle with the wide part at the forks and overlap & tie the drumstick ends together to keep them from flopping around. Dust both sides in this order.

Just a light sprinkle of sea salt.
Coarse black pepper
Granulated garlic
Onion powder
Cumin powder
Easy on the Cayenne (red) pepper powder. A tiny bit is all you need.
Give 'em a good shake of Hungarian HOT paprika (we use Bende) or just use what you have on hand.

A little pat pat to work it in and they are ready. Do not rub please. Using a food grade glove is a good idea to keep the dust from sticking to your fingers. Little sticks to the glove..
Roast around 425F for about 10-15 minutes. A little smoke is OK.
Then back off the heat to 350F and roast for 1 hour.
175 to 190F internal temp is perfect.

A variation of this is for a whole 3 pound chicken. Same deal, high quality fresh, same dusting. Only, put about a half cup of chopped green Hatch chilis inside the cavity and then do a straight 425F degrees for about 45 minutes.

06 May 2021, 22:26
boom stick
https://youtu.be/VsDtnTvgDB0
Korea loves a good burger.

07 May 2021, 09:06
NormanConquest
Custombolt, thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing the chicken quarters for quite sometime, for 2 reasons, 1 they taste great + are good for you + 2, the pork chops or steaks have had Linda losing a couple of crowns. I can suffer through a bit of no steaks for a while in a good cause. I don't use salt hardly anymore. I will admit that eating a baked chicken quarter along with some steamed broccoli + a bit of potatoes salad makes a fine supper. Helps with regularity too. 40 years ago if you told me I would be talking about regularity over sex, I would have called you a fool. Big Grin

Never mistake motion for action.