Find
Notify
Tools

Boundary Waters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted
Here’s some photos I took on my two trips into Minnesota’s Boundary Waters Canoe Area this year, the first to Wood Lake in May and the second to Lake Three in September. We enjoyed stunning scenery and wildlife as usual, and fishing was exceptionally good on both trips. My camera on both trips was my Canon S110 with a small Gorillapod when a tripod was called for.

Wood Lake

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Lake Three. This is where we first visited in 1998 on our first trip to the BWCA and is where we’ve been the most since. Much of the area was severely torched in the 2011 Pagami Creek fire and has been slowly growing back since.

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been there myself, can't wait to do it again. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1070 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That bluegill is huge!!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Evan K., Great pictures and report. I've spent a lot of time on the Gunflint Trail since I was 7 years old (now 56), and your pictures bring back fond memories. Thanks!

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just landed in Duluth; not too far away from the BWCA but in MN for the opener on Sat. Will be hunting between I Falls and Baudette.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas, glad you enjoyed. AnotherAzWriter I'll be headed to Duluth on Friday night and then hunting south of Cloquet. I'll have a buddy with me who has never been deer hunting before so we'll see how he likes it. Also we did catch some big 9-10" bluegills, thought they were little smallmouth at first- we don't see many bluegills in the BWCA though they are there. I should add that stringer of five different fish was caught by one guy, just trolling a floating Rapala behind the canoe.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
Unfortunately one of those things on my list that will not get checked off.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! Simply stunning photography.

"Politicians, attorney's, and shooters of wildlife behind high fences. Take em all down to south Texas, put em inside a high fenced escape proof enclosure without their guns and let the rattlesnakes cull em out."

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Beautiful country and photographs.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9868 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice photos only made one trip there this year in June. Brule lake had a great time once again.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A slice of heaven. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1015 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! What a wonderful place. I grew up at the other (southern) end of the state, just a little warmer in winter.

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
Thanks again all. P Dog we have yet to visit Brule, but I'm sure we will at some point. I am really fortunate to have made both spring and fall trips in recent years.

quote:
Originally posted by sputster:
Great pictures! What a wonderful place. I grew up at the other (southern) end of the state, just a little warmer in winter.

I grew up in Mankato, looking forward to pheasant hunting this week.