New
Find
Notify
Tools

2.4 mile shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a difference in 2 miles and 2 kilos.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:

For sure, but in either case your odds of a first round hit are a lot better if you get to shoot closer ones first.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

For sure, but in either case your odds of a first round hit are a lot better if you get to shoot closer ones first.

ABL probably have an advantage considering their equip. and dope charts. You may investigate them a little.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

ABL probably have an advantage considering their equip. and dope charts. You may investigate them a little.

I know Bryan Litz. He sent me his books. I have the utmost respect for him. His method for measuring spin drift is/was absolutely brilliant.

But even Bryan would find it easier to hit at "x" range by shooting at "x-y" first. And he would be the first to admit it.

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how do you prepare for a long shot? I don't think you understand the rational. It is a shooting contest, not just a bunch of guys throwing bullets at 2 miles until the first one hits it. Tell me where I indicated that it wouldn't be easier to start shooting short first was not better. They were doing it primarily to eliminate some of the wanta be long range shooters. You're a friend of Bryan's, call him and ask him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So how do you prepare for a long shot? I don't think you understand the rational. It is a shooting contest, not just a bunch of guys throwing bullets at 2 miles until the first one hits it. Tell me where I indicated that it wouldn't be easier to start shooting short first was not better. They were doing it primarily to eliminate some of the wanta be long range shooters. You're a friend of Bryan's, call him and ask him.

I think we are on the same page.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another Az gunwriter, this is what I am referring to as a contest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XESwgdkn1Yc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And my best shot was 1400 yards on a roo Big Grin

Posts: 15784 | Location: Australia and Saint Germain en Laye | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blair 338RUM:
And my best shot was 1400 yards on a roo Big Grin

Unfair, your target was too large.

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many shots he had to make to finally hit it. I noticed a remark about how well "the last two magazines" shot. So, are we talking 20 shots, 30 shots, or 80 shots to hit the target?

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I checked with the Whittington Center about two hours ago.

The 2017 Match will be held June 26-29th.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What actions will be suitable?

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington model 30 I bet would work.....

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but, you are supposed to be working me a deal on that 30S...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, you would have to remove the bolt on most rifles to load the round and not all will eject a fired round. Your brass is about 3.200" and a loaded round is about 4.800".