THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM RIMFIRE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Rim Fire Rifles & Pistols    Ammo for 22 LR Browning Challenger II?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo for 22 LR Browning Challenger II?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I purchased recently Browning Challenger II, steel frame, excellent condition. Before going to the store for ammo, would you suggest ammo brands that I should start with? I am not looking for expensive, target grade, just decent quality ammo that will give me “the best bang for the buckâ€. Yes, I am aware that 22-s are finicky and several brands should be tried for the best accuracy and reliability. However, I hope that someone has already certain experience and could help me to narrow the choice. BTW, due the local law, hollow points are excluded. Thanks, Onty.

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I still have my old challenger .I only remember once finding a type of ammo that caused problems. It's seen a very large number of rounds mostly standard velocity and served me well for years . But for accuracy you still have to try different brands !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
if it's any help a bit ago I tried about a dozen or so 22's with about 16-18 different ammos each & the results surprised hell out of me. - consistantly most of the guns shot best with cheap old american eagle (federal). in a couple cases it even worked better than ely or my old standby remington standard or cci's - otherwise go to cci standard velocity

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Challenger II shoots Winchester Power Points with good accuracy and they have plenty of pop for hares, the CCI Mini-Mags work well too. Good advise by Butchloc on buying a good sample of ammo to test in your gun.

Great gun!

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some folks in my area suggested CCI Blazer ammo that showed very good result in a number of handguns. I just looked at CCI website and there is no listed 22 LR Blazer, just centerfire ammo and brass?! See http://www.cci-ammunition.com/defaul...nu=1&s1=3&s2=5 . Am I missing something? Thanks.

Posts: 158 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote