The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ammo for 22 LR Browning Challenger II?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8711043/m/687109634

02 March 2006, 03:00
Onty
Ammo for 22 LR Browning Challenger II?
I purchased recently Browning Challenger II, steel frame, excellent condition. Before going to the store for ammo, would you suggest ammo brands that I should start with? I am not looking for expensive, target grade, just decent quality ammo that will give me “the best bang for the buckâ€. Yes, I am aware that 22-s are finicky and several brands should be tried for the best accuracy and reliability. However, I hope that someone has already certain experience and could help me to narrow the choice. BTW, due the local law, hollow points are excluded. Thanks, Onty.
02 March 2006, 05:54
mete
I still have my old challenger .I only remember once finding a type of ammo that caused problems. It's seen a very large number of rounds mostly standard velocity and served me well for years . But for accuracy you still have to try different brands !!
02 March 2006, 23:48
butchloc
if it's any help a bit ago I tried about a dozen or so 22's with about 16-18 different ammos each & the results surprised hell out of me. - consistantly most of the guns shot best with cheap old american eagle (federal). in a couple cases it even worked better than ely or my old standby remington standard or cci's - otherwise go to cci standard velocity
03 March 2006, 03:35
Grizzly1
My Challenger II shoots Winchester Power Points with good accuracy and they have plenty of pop for hares, the CCI Mini-Mags work well too. Good advise by Butchloc on buying a good sample of ammo to test in your gun.

Great gun!

-Ron
06 March 2006, 08:10
Onty
Some folks in my area suggested CCI Blazer ammo that showed very good result in a number of handguns. I just looked at CCI website and there is no listed 22 LR Blazer, just centerfire ammo and brass?! See http://www.cci-ammunition.com/defaul...nu=1&s1=3&s2=5 . Am I missing something? Thanks.