Brückenkopf 8
85051 Ingolstadt
Germany

Kyrgyzstan - capital is Bishkek
Population - 4,5 mln. people
Total area - 198,5 thousand sq. km.
National currency - som
Oficial Language - Kyrgyz, Russian

In Kyrgyzstan, a small country at the slants of the Pamir, in the mountainous chain of the Tjan San, two kinds of Argali live, the Marco Polo, considered the biggest Argali in the world and the Tjan San Argali, a subspecies of which recently the biggest specimens have been shot, the world record of the Mark Polo sheep. In the high mountains, there lives a large ibex population, considered the world's largest. The last year’s world record came from Kirgizija.

We provide the discounted winter-hunt in the mountain gorge Kegeti hunting area only 120 km. from Bishkek Basic hunting camps are situated at an altitude of 2200-3000 meters above sea level.

Hunting Period: 15th January – 31th March
Rates:
- Ibex: 9/6 hunting days, January 15th - March USD 4.500

Price Includes:
- Transports in Kyrghizstan by 4WD car or by horses,
- Full board in the camp,
- Hunt organization with assistance of the local guides,
- First preparation of the trophies,
- Guide-interpreter (English language).

Price Excludes:
- Air fares via Istambul or Londen direct.
- Entry visa 50US$
- Gun import permits 100US$
- Cites certificate,
- Veterinarian certificate 50US$
- Hotels before and after the hunt,
- Tips,
- Drinks and gratuities.
For official registration: Full passport data (address, date of birth, date of issue, valid to) Gun data (rifle, its number and rounds- the quantity of shells).

Arms:carbine (40-60 cartridges) - for big game, smooth-bore gun (200 cartridges) - for fowl shooting.

Outfit:: headgear (cap, woolen cap), wind cheater (raincoat with hood), trousers (half-tarpaulin, camouflage), warm underwear , socks (woolen, cotton, simple), hunting boots, outdoor walking shoes, slippers, light gloves, wind -protective, sun-glasses.
Equipment:sleeping bag, tent for 2 persons, mattress, inflatable mattress, ropes (25 meters, cord), binoculars, pocket flashlight (torch), hunting knife, portable radio transmitters, if available

Phon: +498419819241
Fax: +498419819245
http://www.hunt-club-taiga.de/index.php

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Profy,
When I pull up your website and select 'English', nothing comes up.

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
This is old web-site.
Please kontakt via e-mail if you whant to hunt in Belarus, Kazakstan, Russia, Kirgyzstan or Uzbekistan.
It will be new web-site. May be in janury.

Thank you!

Posts: 556 | Location: Germany Kazakstan Kyrgyzstan | Registered: 29 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Profyhunter,
what size ibex could be reasonably expected to be seen? physical shape required?
thx

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Profyhunter,
what size ibex could be reasonably expected to be seen? physical shape required?
thx

It is possible to expect the size from one meters to 1meter 40cm. But the hunt not so hard as caucasian hunting trips.
It is important to be able shot on a distance from 250 metres and to keep in a saddle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Profy,
are you offering this deal for only the dates you are advertising? I am seriously looking into these Kyrg hunts, but cannot make the dates you have listed in 2010.. I could in latter 2010 or even into 2011..

Thanks

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by profyhunter:
quote:
Profyhunter,
what size ibex could be reasonably expected to be seen?
thx

It is possible to expect the size from one meters to 1meter 40cm. But the hunt not so hard as caucasian hunting trips.

When Profy says this, this is obviously true. What you have to realize, is that the "air starts to get thin" at about 1.20m, and 1.30m is exceptionally good - just the odd one coming out at that length. 1.40 is record territory (or close).

In Anglosaxon hunting literature, the "dream measurement" for an ibex is always 50": 1.27cm. For a European, 1.20 or 1.30m would be the dream - depending on how picky you are...

A good, but not exceptional trophy, i.e a trophy one could realisticly expect to hold out for, would probably be 1.10 and over. If you go, make sure you have two licences, whack the first 1.10m trophy you see, and start looking for that 1.3-1.4 m dream ibex...

1.0m is a bit on the shorter side for Mid Asian Ibex, although it would be trophy class for an Alpine Ibex, say.

What one should not forget. Even in a good area, 100% guaranteed ibex hunting is a rare thing. So it is also possible to go home empty handed. A friend of mine just did from Kirgizstan this fall. He had set his heart on an ibex of 1.20 and found nothing close. In that case, a 1.0 m trophy all of a sudden starts looking pretty good...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Profy will tell us the real score, but looking at this trophy, I would guess around 1.10 - perhaps 1.15m... In my mind, he lacks the extra curve that would take him to 1.20, and his curl is not open enough to do without the extra curve at the tip.

(Now Trophy will embarrass me, by telling us all he is 1.30m Wink )

I know it is hard to judge trophies by looking at pictures - in particular of mounts, but here another couple of ibex. The first is from Kirgizstan (many years ago). This one gets his length from extra curve at the tip of the horn. If you look at his horns from the side, they will seem almost circular:

The next one is from the Russian side of the Altai - notice the colour scheme is different to that of the KIrgiz ibex. This one has the much straighter horns, they don't curve nearly as much as the previous one did - but the length is there, nevertheless. Notice the spread of this one...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
What one should not forget. Even in a good area, 100% guaranteed ibex hunting is a rare thing. So it is also possible to go home empty handed.

- mike

If I say to you that you will see the ibex - you will see it. If you can good shot - you get a trophy.
Smiler

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mho:
I would guess around 1.10 - perhaps 1.15m... [/IMG]

- mike

Yes, you are right.

Why you have decided, what I will deceive?

In Altai it is difficult to take a Ibex trophy more than 1 m. In Kirghizia a trophy with one meters is not a very good trophy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by profyhunter:
Why you have decided, what I will deceive?

No no, I was just trying to be careful not to stick my neck out too far - I could have been wrong after all... Smiler

- mike

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is important to be able shot on a distance from 250 metres and to keep in a saddle.

Are you saying that most of the hunting will be off horseback? Would this be an enjoyable hunt for someone in reasonable shape? Would there be a second tag (for a second ibex) available if desired, if so, at what cost?
Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
Are you saying that most of the hunting will be off horseback?

Access to the general hunting areas, and in particular the spike camps will be on horseback. After that, it is shanks mare. The hunting itself is mostly (99%?) on foot.

- mike

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
mike,
are you with extrem-tours? Profyhunter originally offered the package, just trying to get the concerned parties straight?

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Are you saying that most of the hunting will be off horseback? Would this be an enjoyable hunt for someone in reasonable shape? Would there be a second tag (for a second ibex) available if desired, if so, at what cost?
Thanks

Search of a ibex will be only off horseback.You can creep on foot only then if you see a ibex.

Second ibex - 2000US$

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
mike,
are you with extrem-tours?

Nope, no connection whatsoever, just interested in ibex hunting.

- mike

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Search of a ibex will be only off horseback.You can creep on foot only then if you see a ibex.

Second ibex - 2000US$

pm sent

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How cold would it be at hunting elevation? Would you expect a lot of snow?

Posts: 74 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 24 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
In winter -10-20°C. In Kegeti is not such cold temperature as in Pamir or Tjan-Shan. There will be more as -30°.
This hunting area belongs to an administrative office of the president of Kirghizia.
The territory of hunting area occupies 39000 hectares .In this area the hunting guide counted obove 650 ibex with female and male.
We have two hunting base camp in Kegeti.

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Base hunting camps in Kegeti

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a good deal more luxurios than the base camp I "enjoyed" - granted, this was quite a while ago.

- mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prophy,

Do you offer these hunts during other times of the year? If so, at what prices?

I would guess temps in march would be warmer than january or febuary. How about the fog and precip?(rain, snow)

I have not hunted Ibex but really want to. I have hunted in the Rocky mountain area of the US in winter, hunting from horseback at 0f and below can be brutal even when wearing all the clothes you own.

According to your post one should bring a two person tent. How many nights can one expect to sleep in the tent?

Thanks,
Adrian

Posts: 413 | Location: Tennille, Ga | Registered: 29 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I too would like to know how many days in the tent one would expect to spend.Any stove requirements for heating water/cooking required. What latitude is the hunting area in? Here in Alaska we are at 64deg. North Latitude. How many daylight hours for hunting do you expect to have. Obviously depends on latitude.
Does the hunting take place from the lodge buildings you show each day....on horse back from there????
How much snow does the area experience in a normal winter.
Thank you for your forthcomiing response.

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Hi Adrian!
Hi Guys!
In the winter temperature in Kegety-10°-15°С.
You should not bring with yourselves tents.
In mountains there is a small dugout where it is possible to spend the night if do not wish to go down to base camp.
There are 3 hours on horse back from the lodge
to hunting place.
Bishkek is on same North Latitude as well as New York.Accordingly and light day precisely same. There is a lot of snow in this region.

Kirgyzstan in February:

URL=http://pixs.ru/?r=365329] [/URL]

This discounted hunting trip for winter season from 15TH January - 15th March.
In other hunting region: Issik-Kul(Karakol) Tjan-Shan oder thouther river Narin to China border.
We have different price for different hunting areas
But in other hunting areas you must hunt in 4000m over sea level. In Kegety region only in 2500-3000m.

The best hunting area for marco polo - Narin to China border.

Pleas contakt me in PM for spesial hunting trips: Maral in Kazakstan,Mid Ibex, Ohotsk Snow Sheep, Kamtschatka Bär and Kamtschatka Bighorn ( Korjak Bighorn)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Profyhunter

Are you doing any Marco Polo hunts next year. If so, could you kindly PM me the details.

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
@MD375
Marco Polo only in south region, to chine boarder (Naryn)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 388 | Location: Limpopo, South Africa | Registered: 13 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
I am glad to inform that from now on we have possibility to offer five new hunting areas in Kirgyzstan in region Naryn.

Here some photos from this region

Conditions:

Hunting tour duration is from 7 to 12 days. The hunting days can be prolonged.
Hunters-clients are transported to hunting base by off-roaders, on which also transported the baggage of hunters. Time spent on transportation varies depending on hunting base. Hunters can choose another type of transportation – helicopter, the services of which are not included in our price.
Hunters will be accommodated in hunting houses, vans, jurts. During hunting clients will spend some days in mountains in tents. All our camps are provided with electricity. Communication will be supported through satellite phones and portable radio transmitters. Each camp has such service staff as camp manager, cook, professional guides, interpreter, subsidiary workers etc.
There are 4 persons of serving staff for 1 hunter-tourist - professional guide, qualitative interpreter, cook, camp manager.
Our clients will be provided with all necessary documents for hunting an animal, importing & exporting trophy, exporting & importing obtained trophies etc.

Provision and official registration of the necessary documentation:
- visa support;
- permits for import/ export of hunting ammunition;
- CITES license;
- documents for trophy export (with their preliminary procession);
- frontier zone entry permit;
- temporary registration in the local visa and registration department.

Program:
1-st day:Arrival in Bishkek
2-nd day:Transfer to camp.Adaptation period, preliminary shots.
3-rd - 9-th days Hunting.
10-th day:Transfer from camp to Bishkek. Hotel accommodation.
11-th day:Rest, city sightseeing.
12-th day: Departure to residence country.

NEW hunting areas IN KIRGYZSTAN

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Hunting area in the gorges of Somsary and Min-Teke.
One of the best hunting areas in Kyrgyzstan for Ibex and Marco Polo hunting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Profyhunter any chance you could PM me the details about hunting Maral in Kazakstan please

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
HUNTING TASTER WEEK !!!

For the hunters who take pleasure in the process of hunting self without trophy-ibex:

The taster hunting week - 6 hunting days: 1000US
Hunting area - "Belovodskj"

In this taster week you can hunt with hunting guide for a not trophy-ibex.

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
Some photos from Kyrizstan:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Igor

we have spoke via this site several times, but I have heard no new news from you as of yet. If you could, please PM me with what news you spoke of having for me prior to your absence from the site.
Thank you.

One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Igor

we have spoke via this site several times, but I have heard no new news from you as of yet. If you could, please PM me with what news you spoke of having for me prior to your absence from the site.
Thank you

I can not find email.
Please send me yours.
info@extrem-tours.de
info@hunt-club-taiga.de
Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Magnificent country...breathtaking!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6804 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Profy,
Is a taster trip, a hunt for non-exportable non trophy ibex? 1000 USD for like an exploratory trip? Explain a little about this taster idea.

Could you upgrade if you want to take a big one?

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of profyhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
1000 USD for like an exploratory trip?

It is simple.
You come to Bishkek and go to hunting with local hunters for 3-4 days, look ibex, if you like, you can shoot small ibex or female, but to take out of Kirghizia it is impossible.
Then you can post at this forum the photos and a hunting story Smiler

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Igor

PM sent your way.
Thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scenery is absolutely stunning.

The price of knowledge is great but the price of ignorance is even greater.

Posts: 777 | Location: Socialist Republic of California | Registered: 27 February 2005Reply With Quote