New
Find
Notify
Tools

May 2020 alaska grizzly hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
May 16-25 2020 (dates are not set in stone and may need to be moved) we can adjust dates, but plan on 8 full days of hunting on the schedule.
Cost $14,000
License 160, tag 1000.
Spring grizzly hunt in Alaska’s interior. I do all my own guiding, just you and me in the mountians. Can be done as a base camp style hunt or as a backpacking hunt covering some ground. Bear numbers last spring looked good and we did well on bears. Both may bears were over 8’ bears which is above average. Typical bear will be between 7’-8’ with many variations in color.

Here are the photos from May hunts in 2018. We had a late spring and more snow than normal. Expect mostly dirt on this may time frame.

Drop me a text or email if interested. Also booking this hunt and other grizzly hunts out in 2021 as well.
Jake jefferson
907-414-9471
Brhc1911@yahoo.com
Big lake Alaska

20 years guiding in Alaska.
References if you want them as well. Google me too.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Jake: Is your post correct? Please re-read.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. To much cut and paste with a four year old sitting on my head while I work...lol

Master guide #212

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Easy to be distracted by the little ones! Big Grin I have grandkids doing those things to me now. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
New price! Reduced 2k! Give me a call or drop me a text with any questions!

Master guide #212

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Everyone reads and dreams about African hunts, especially the old, romantic roving, tented safaris
But in today's world the REAL hunting experiences like that are doing Alaskan wilderness trips like this with someone like Jake.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4194 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Everyone reads and dreams about African hunts, especially the old, romantic roving, tented safaris
But in today's world the REAL hunting experiences like that are doing Alaskan wilderness trips like this with someone like Jake.

Phil, agreed!! Those of us that live here are spoiled with it. I still wish I took Jake up on his trapline offer years ago. That sounded absolutely incredible as an experience for those who have never done such.

Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7594 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, liked the trapline offer too!

Posts: 701 | Location: Germany | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm…

Is this the grizzly I am looking for celebrating my 60 anniversary … 13th of June 2020 …

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Hmmm…

Is this the grizzly I am looking for celebrating my 60 anniversary … 13th of June 2020 …

Morten

Let’s go find out!!

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fourtyonesix:
quote:
Originally posted by The Norwegian:
Hmmm…

Morten

Let’s go find out!!

I am thinking hard Jeff... but too early for me to decide… Questions is … grizzly ( Cold Alaska ) or elephant/buffalo ( warm Africa ) ???

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ya I can see the dilemma.

Master guide #212

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Do Alaska before you get old & fat. Lots of fat guys can hunt Africa----none can hike in the AK mountain tundra.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:

Phil, agreed!! Those of us that live here are spoiled with it. I still wish I took Jake up on his trapline offer years ago. That sounded absolutely incredible as an experience for those who have never done such.

Jim

so true and valid for our little piece of territory ....

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why dont you inform that the hunt advertised here is non smoking and alchool free ?

Posts: 208 | Location: PortugaL | Registered: 10 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Indi:
Why dont you inform that the hunt advertised here is non smoking and alchool free ?

This hunt is smoke and alchohol free.

Is that better?
Oh. Also. You are allowed to laugh and have fun. Go on an amazing adventure and see amazing country. I will allow that. You are also allowed to sleep in or get up early, tell dirty jokes or swear. You can talk about your religion or complex thoughts that pop into your head. You can wear unmatching socks, shoot a browning rifle. Man, you can even wear Kuiu camo!!
Why you are asking am I so generous is what I allow??! Because none of this makes me sell my gear because it stinks or risk having a stranger under the influence of alchohol with a firearm in bear country!!
Sorry, the camp rules typically get lined out in the details after someone contacts me. But...

Master guide #212

One of Us
posted Hide Post
kuiu and browning what else can go wrong .... he is the man ...

Posts: 1732 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alcohol and smoke free sounds good to me!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've gone twice and its some real wilderness. Plenty of time to drink and smoke on way in or out. While I haven't gotten my big bear yet I got a nice colored rug. Looking for a big one next time I go up there.

Glad Jake is back in the Saddle

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2847 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hunt is still available.

Master guide #212

one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Someone buy this hunt. Otherwise I'll have to go on a diet & start back at the gym.

Posts: 598 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote