THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OUTFITTERS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Outfitters - Offered and Discounted Hunts    Zim Save Conservancy lion available for 2011 with Mokore
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zim Save Conservancy lion available for 2011 with Mokore
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Mokore Safaris has informed me that they can offer a lion for 2011 on their area of the Save. If you've followed AR you know the quality of the lions that have been taken on the Save Valley Conservancy and the amazing success rate with basically everybody killing a lion.

The hunt can include a leopard, buffalo and all plains game if you choose. Zebra and wildebeest can be taken at $400 each as bait animals. BTW: Lions love zebra.

Expectations should be for a lion of at least 5 years with a fully developed mane.

Price:

1x1 21 days $1950 per day
Lion TF $7500
Observer $200 per day
Road transfer Harare-Save RT $1,000
Dip/pack $450-$650
MARS $10 per day
Zim tax 2% on daily fee
Zim tax 4% on trophy fees

Contact me anytime with questions.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Are you considering this a bargain? Not poking at you but for this amount of jing TGT or Tawico are valbe and superior options.

Jeff

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Put a pencil on the TGTS and TAWICO price list for a lion safari and then tell me how this hunt compares. You'll find those prices to be at least a $1,000 per day more once you figure in all the costs. Also neither is a superior destination if you really want to kill a full mane lion. I hunted with TGT for 28 days in '03 and Mokore for 21 days in '07. I know what sort of expereince both offer. This hunt is a good value for the dollar.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a plus there is no shortage of zebras for lion and leopard bait in the SAVE.

And they have BIG cape buff.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Save Valley? A great place for lion, period!!! Plus, as Mark mentions. The prices here are better than Zambia & Tanzania, with very comparable mane quality. I would go to the Save again in a heartbeat for lion. Mark's offer is a good one, someone should take it.

Here is a pic of the lion I shot in 2008.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did a little more research and the costs do add up as you said Mark. Was thinking 06.

Posts: 2857 | Location: FL | Registered: 18 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana Bunduki:
Did a little more research and the costs do add up as you said Mark. Was thinking 06.

TGT or TAWCO would run you almost (not quite, but almost) twice as much!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Bragger!! LOL
Aaron, that's a beautiful cat!
One day, one day....

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bluefin - I am just hoping I can brag on a Giant Eland like yours this coming February. I am hunting with Erik for 21-days, Eland/Bongo/GFH, etc. How about sending me another pic??

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Aaron, nice lion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefin:
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:

Bragger!! LOL
Aaron, that's a beautiful cat!
One day, one day....

Arrrgghhhhh !! it don't have a black nose!
What does the X-Ray say on the 1st premolar? stir jumping

But a damn nice Lion all the same!

Posts: 307 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 19 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm!! Funny how at 80 yards in the dark, things like that are hard to distinguish. I did however notice a large scar on his forehead that confirmed for me he was a shooter. rotflmo Good thing those Leica optics have good light gathering ability. I almost forgot all about looking at the lion and his mane, before making my decision.

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark - By the way, I sincerely apologize. I did not mean to hi-jack your thread, just wanted to confirm to interested hunters that in fact the Save is a good hunt at a good price!

Aaron

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Basically, we are talking $50,000 to shoot a lion...?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is below the going rate for a wild lion. Most are more outside of RSA.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
That is below the going rate for a wild lion. Most are more outside of RSA.

Not really for Zimbabwe, Mozambique, or Namibia, but the quality in the Save is on par with Tanzania and Zambia, so it's quite the deal when you consider price to quality of lion.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The quote from TGT for a 10 day two buff and plains game equaled the cost of my Tanzanian lion hunt with Bundu Safaris at 16 days with lion and 3 buff. It was those additional costs that raised everything up with TGT.

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
50K for a lion would assume you shot nothing for bait. All else equal, bait is going be a big bill in Tanz.

I have avoided Zim due to my fear the US will throw sanctions on the country that won't allow trophies to be exported, but as time goes on, I look like an idiot for worrying about it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
With Marks assistance I hunted Mokore for the second time this last summer. While I was there I noticed "bait" everywhere. I am under the impression that there is an increased amount of plainsgame on Mokore from what I observed in '07 and there also seems to be an increase in predators like hyena, (did I spell that right?) and lion. I'd think a hunter could load a bunch of bait stations up in short order and then wait.

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One very importnt thing to consider is the success rate of lion hunts...

My videographer had been on several lion hunts, in good high dollar areas...

Most all were not successful...

Some of these hunts were at $2000.00 a day, for 21 days.... With no lion killed...

Question to the experts, what is the percentage of success, on lion hunts???

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
One very importnt thing to consider is the success rate of lion hunts...

My videographer had been on several lion hunts, in good high dollar areas...

Most all were not successful...

Some of these hunts were at $2000.00 a day, for 21 days.... With no lion killed...

Question to the experts, what is the percentage of success, on lion hunts???

I wouldn't even remotely in my wildest dreams begin to consider myself a lion expert, but I've done a lot of research lately and the answer as near as I can tell is: "it depends"!

It depends country to country, area to area, concession to concession, company to company. Some countries have more lions than others. Some areas have more lions than others. Some outfitters have better lion management policies than others. Some outfitters in certain areas have more concervative quotas than their neighbors weather government or self imposed. Places like the Save offer some of the best success rates. The Luangwa as well. Also booking for the right time of year with the right PH seems to be crucial. Even in the best areas with the best PHs with the best policies if you go the wrong time of year you may have a tough time where as someone in the right time of year might be a slam dunk.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't even remotely in my wildest dreams begin to consider myself a lion expert, but I've done a lot of research lately and the answer as near as I can tell is: "it depends"!

It depends country to country, area to area, concession to concession, company to company. Some countries have more lions than others. Some areas have more lions than others. Some outfitters have better lion management policies than others. Some outfitters in certain areas have more concervative quotas than their neighbors weather government or self imposed. Places like the Save offer some of the best success rates. The Luangwa as well. Also booking for the right time of year with the right PH seems to be crucial. Even in the best areas with the best PHs with the best policies if you go the wrong time of year you may have a tough time where as someone in the right time of year might be a slam dunk.

Brett

NE 450 No.2 - A quote from Brett above, and a fairly accurate one. Go to the best places, with the best outfitters, at the right time, and you are likely to be successful. I have personally been on 18 lion hunts, 14 of my own personal hunts. In total we shot 15 lions, that's almost an 85% success rate. Not sure where your camera guy hunted, with who, when, etc. But quality lion hunts although never a guarantee, should be successful more times than not.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
www.globalhuntingresources.com

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never killed a lion. What I have learned is what Aaron has said. Go where they are and pay your money. Hunting is great everywhere in Africa, but shooting is only good where the animals are. The top places (read - have the animals) command the higher prices.

Posts: 10153 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am now 24 lions out of 27 hunts...and no, you will not see any change out of 50k from me for a decent full mane lion. Save is a good area, Makore a good outfit - That makes it a fair deal by any body's standards.

If you want to be successful hunting lion, don't get wallet flinch Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony,

The very high success rate on full maned lions is what makes this Save offering so attractive. You should expect to kill a lion here that you'll be proud of. Conservative quotas have made the lion hunting as much a success story as the incredible plains game hunting found on the Conservancy.

I would fully expect to kill a good lion on this hunt and I would not be this confident in many other areas that are better known for big lion.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ganyana - 24 for 27, AWESOME!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bushmen track better than hounds...and trophy quailty has gone right up since a) I stopped my old man from shooting all lions he could find as problem animals and b) Ian Khama stopped those pesky Botswana PH's from shooting my lion Wink

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Mark. do the posted prices include dental xrays to be sure the lion is old enough?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jdollar,

People often ask me about the "Hidden Costs". I must admit that the dental x-rays and reading of same x-rays is not included in my quotes.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Mark. do the posted prices include dental xrays to be sure the lion is old enough?

Mail them to me and I'll hit them with the X-ray for free! Big Grin

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

-Seth Peterson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that the comedians are through, let me say I was in the SAVE in October, although not in Mokore. I saw more lion sign in the first week that I saw in my previous 63 days in Tanzania. I would seriously consider it.

Jdollar, Mark & Brett, that was funny as hell.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote