Tools

Texas Free Range Aoudad Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just some awesome sheep.
Just very big rams
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Bar B Diamond Outfitters
Specializing in Free Range Aoudad Sheep hunts.
Also offering all Texas native game and many exotics.

Posts: 131 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
I went on one of these free range aoudad hunts in west Texas a few years ago. It was a great hunt and I would love to do it again one of these days. No it is not the same as hunting for bighorn or Stone's but it is a really fun hunt and not a pound something behind fence at a feeder hunt.

The terrain is rocky, the scenery is lovely and the temperatures are great in the winter.

Have not hunted with the poster but would in a heart beat if I could swing it. Anyone who likes to go on a real hunt for exotics should do this at least once in their life.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1813 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys !

Bar B Diamond Outfitters

One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post

Bar B Diamond Outfitters

One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
Well so far 100% success on 30" rams this year!!!

Bar B Diamond Outfitters

One of Us
Picture of aoudadhunter
posted Hide Post
We have only 4 spots open for spring 2012 this year.

Bar B Diamond Outfitters

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aoudadhunter, your website is no longer online. Your phone has been disconnected. Where are you? I need my deposit back

posted Hide Post
I am sure it is a lovely hunt but you need to lose the hidden cameras by the winch up corn feeders...and the cattle panel pens to call it "free range" around this sophisticated crowd. Good grief.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Aoudadhunter, your website is no longer online. Your phone has been disconnected. Where are you? I need my deposit back

I think I'd be a bit more worried about this than his cameras and feeders!!

And I just checked it his web site is in fact off line. This is why I'd never do business with an unknown entity on the internet!

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bar B Diamond Outfitters

This guy is in trouble on Texashuntingforum.com also. I would not send money and if you have something booked be very, very concerned.

Here is the link:
http://www.texashuntingforum.c...php/topics/3754414/2

Someone in that area needs to pay him a house visit.

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like the sorry SOB took the money and ran. Did anybody else notice that he didn't put his name in the original add? Who is this guy so we all know to steer way clear of his thieving rotten hide?

Funny thing about audad hunting though I got SCREWED two years ago on a NM hunt and had another guy try and scam me on a auodad hunt just last month. I'm starting to think auodad hunts are like the Nigeran prince scam. Just say NO!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is really unfortunate for all, especially those scammed.

Anyone down there know the person? Would any AR members who hunted with him this year be ok to release name and info?

This just sucks. We have enough problems with the antis, USGAF and Washington...

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything new on this?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing new. His website is still gone, and his phone is disconnected. I have attempted to contact the county DA, and will either get my deposit back, or will make sure that he has a difficult time finding employment as a hunting guide/outfitter in Texas and New Mexico. I have his name and a loooooong memory.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Told me family owned own of the places he hunts, owners daughter was his fiance.

Not sure if this is the place, but they use his name right on the home page. But who knows may have ripped them too.....worth a call.....

http://www.huntcowcreekranch.com/

I had 2 contact #'s....

(830)265-9131

(325)423-2563

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you dinsdale,
I have sent them a message. Maybe the'll help, maybe not, but it is a start.

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I figured this guy might be full of crap when he posted pics of his "190 inch" mule deer. It appears that he and another infamous booking agent used the same tape when scoring their mule deer.

Best of luck and I hope you get your deposit back

Drummond

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
I figured this guy might be full of crap when he posted pics of his "190 inch" mule deer. It appears that he and another infamous booking agent used the same tape when scoring their mule deer.

Drummond

Got to admit this got my attention also in a bad way; and prior I went as far as talking to Brandt about hunts and exchanged several PM's on a NY board where he turned up out of the blue trolling for hunters.

One of those PM's was about this forum, asking about booking hunts on here, and I joked with him about it both here and there.

Later I posted this;
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/...rs_Texas#Post6586068

Turned me off was he responded in the thread, and I can't stand when asking about an outfitter if they respond themselves.....you posted right after him.

Maybe these hunters can give a lead to his whereabouts; Maybe a ranch name.....Someone knows this guy and where he can be found.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6103246/m/7721062281

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Drummond

Is that the measuring tape where no matter the size you'll have a "Ray" of hope?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by surestrike:
quote:

Drummond

Is that the measuring tape where no matter the size you'll have a "Ray" of hope?

Yes, that is the same tape!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bar B Diamond Outfitters

He's Brandt Buchanan. Here's his baby mama, Katiyah Ceynowa:

They're expecting a baby this month if you want to send a gift:

http://www.amazingregistry.com...chanan-baby-74120590

The happy couple...

It looks like he lives in Marfa or out that way now.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to him one time because I had some clients wanting to book last minute and I couldnt accomodate him. Last I heard is that he does have a camp set up in Marfa, I go through marfa 2 or 3 times a month to visit and check on my other ranches in the area. Im sure I will run into him sometime. Im just glad I didnt send him any money and sorry for those of you that did.

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 435 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ForrestB:
quote:
Bar B Diamond Outfitters

He's Brandt Buchanan. Here's his baby mama, Katiyah Ceynowa:

They're expecting a baby this month if you want to send a gift:

http://www.amazingregistry.com...chanan-baby-74120590

The happy couple...

It looks like he lives in Marfa or out that way now.

This is FUNNY! I'd hate to piss you off Forrest! Big Grin

You ever hear back from this guy? Anybody send a gift?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:

Any luck resolving this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is still out there trying to sell hunts.

http://forum.snipershide.com/showthread.php?t=179198

Specializing in Free Range hunts in far west Texas for Native & Exotic Game. Hunts for All budgets with Financing available.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

Posts: 435 | Location: El Paso/ Far West Texas | Registered: 20 July 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:

The happy couple...

Is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with this scene? Am I the only one who thinks this is slightly mis-matched couple?

I guess scamming Aoudad hunters isn't his only scam.

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

The happy couple...

Is it just me or does anyone else see something wrong with this scene? Am I the only one who thinks this is slightly mis-matched couple?

Wendell Reich
Hunter's Quest International
wendell@huntersquest.com

Hmm, dude with a bunch of stolen cash and a burned out pole swinger? Looks about right to me Wendell.... sofa

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Maybe I was wrong. Maybe they are made for each other! hilbily

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A pocket full of singles and you'd be suprised what follows you home

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:

The happy couple...

Wendell Reich
Hunter's Quest International
wendell@huntersquest.com

Hmm, dude with a bunch of stolen cash and a burned out pole swinger? Looks about right to me Wendell.... sofa

That was funny.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9870 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Barbary sheep in the second to last picture is exactly what I am looking for. Would it be possible to do a hunt with you on short notice? short notice being something like you calling me to come hunt when you see one over 32"? Im about a 2 hr drive from Odessa and I can be in fort davis in 3.5 hrs. If you want to do something like that I'm definitely game as I'm still looking form my 32" or larger ram.

quote:
Originally posted by aoudadhunter:

Posts: 54 | Location: NM USA | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never mind. I responded to this thread after only reading half way through the first page. Now that I see what has happened on page 2 I will steer clear of this guy.

Posts: 54 | Location: NM USA | Registered: 30 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stomper,

I've got a bridge that crosses some ocean front property down in Arizona. I'll make you agreat deal on it! Wink

Just kidding of course but yeah this looser is long gone deposits in hand.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stomper:
Never mind. I responded to this thread after only reading half way through the first page. Now that I see what has happened on page 2 I will steer clear of this guy.

SO WHEN HE SEES ONE INSIDE A PEN AT THE FEEDER, HE SHOULD CALL YOU AND YOU CAN BE THERE IN 3 1/2 HOURS?? now that's what i call drive-by hunting. to each his own, i guess but that's pretty pathetic thumbdown

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Around these parts the panels are used to keep the pigs away from the feeders. Everything else can just jump the fence.

Now, if you just don't like feeders then that's a different topic altogether sofa

Not defending this dirtbag in any way, shape or form. He'll run out of luck sooner or later. Hopefully sooner......

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Muley Mike,
I looked on that other website, and couldn't find any of his posts. What page were they on, and does that website accept new members? I'd like to go on there and warn everybody about this clown.

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:
Muley Mike,
I looked on that other website, and couldn't find any of his posts. What page were they on, and does that website accept new members? I'd like to go on there and warn everybody about this clown.

It was locked then deleted I believe.
Don't worry, everyone on that forum is savvy.

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
Any resolution to this or is the guy still walking around with deposits?

posted Hide Post