New
Find
Notify
Tools

Emirates pricing?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone booked a flight to Windhoek on Emirates?

I just looked it up. They were quoting approximately $26,000 per ticket for business class. About $45,000 per ticket for first class.

Something must be wrong.

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I saw that as well when searching flights for a client in Dallas who wanted to use Emirates. He wound up booking on Qatar Air out of Atlanta. Not sure why Emirates is so freaking expensive.

I also looked at KLM - their business class is very reasonable. But if you're traveling with firearms it's a little more of a PIA.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just checked round trip Orlando/Karachi. $4,800.

Something seems bad wrong .

Posts: 11958 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Times must be tough in the UAE... Or maybe Saeed is just car shopping...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Just checked, Dubai Windhoek FC is just over $7000 return!!??

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66938 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We aren't buying near as much oil......Emirates government subsidy might have gotten cut!

Posts: 41769 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can buy business on Quatar for about $3,500’each.

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
I bought round trip Emirates ticket, Los Angeles to Johannesburg, business class in November for 4,000.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 363 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Man, those prices seem to be well worth it. I’ve never flown that carrier, but BC at that price definitely seems better than my SAA fun!

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Has to be an error.

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
I think Emirates does not fly there, that might be the reason the flight is so expensive. But Qatar does.

Posts: 752 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:
I think Emirates does not fly there, that might be the reason the flight is so expensive. But Qatar does.

+1

It’s just a bad pricing algo. Doubt Emirates has a code share or off take deal with anyone from South Africa. It’s pricing software spits out a $$ amount for a ticket they never sell.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wesheltonj:

Actually Emirates does code share with South Africa Air. Therefore, I believe we know where the problem lies...

TIA