New
Find
Notify
Tools

Open
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canada has much the same problem we here in the US do: nutjobs in big cities running the country and trying to legislate to force everyone to think and act like they do in those big liberal cities.

I have thoroughly enjoyed the Canadian people I met on my trips over the border.....Gaspe, Turkey Point, Charleston Lake and Montreal just to name a few. Government sucks everywhere.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 243 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fully vaccinated Americans can cross the Canadian border on August 9. Brian

PS. You will need documentation.

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what about provincial or territorial rules?

Posts: 1720 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I hope this holds,
I just booked a Alberta farm country mule deer hunt. First week of November.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-co...strictions/provinces

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medved:

PM inbound

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7567 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Originally posted by medved:

PM inbound

and i did reply.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
despite canadian federal opening. yukon is not set up to accept foreigners and the emergency act is a big f... u. so i wish all good luck.

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
Keep making fun of California while your borders remain closed and you lose another summer season.

I really like Canada. I've always felt they had the terrain and feel of Alaska, the patriotism and courage of the U.S., unfortunately with the politics of California.

Seems like the U.S. is going to be the same except we're losing the patriotism and courage

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4711 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
quote:
Originally posted by buzz4me2:
Keep making fun of California while your borders remain closed and you lose another summer season.

I really like Canada. I've always felt they had the terrain and feel of Alaska, the patriotism and courage of the U.S., unfortunately with the politics of California.

Seems like the U.S. is going to be the same except we're losing the patriotism and courage

courage and patriotism are long gone here ... still a few supporting that but we re classified far right wingers ...worst if you re supporting a church ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have spent a lot of time and money in Canada over the past 50 years.

To bad they will not be getting any more any time soon.

Posts: 19290 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Chuck375,

Yes Canada and the USA have their similarities. I appreciate their differences too. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
medved, We see thing very differently. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Canada:
medved, We see thing very differently. Brian

please tell me where is patriotism and courage those days in canada? i d like to hear it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
medved, If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
medved, If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand. Brian

there is certainly a big difference in your vision of canada and mine but im certainly not close as you of the same canada under trudeau ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medved,
I think we are fortunate to live in Canada. It's rated as one of the best countries. Sure there are lots of things to complain about including Trudeau, from time to time. So what? There is much more to be grateful for.
You live in an awesome area. ( I am going to stay with my friend near Whitehorse for a week soon. Also, we lived in the NWT on the Mackenzie River for a few years.) The more I learn about the world the more thankful I am to be a Canadian.
After reading some of your posts it is my observation that you could learn more about your country from different sources that you are used to. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Medved,
I think we are fortunate to live in Canada. It's rated as one of the best countries. Sure there are lots of things to complain about including Trudeau, from time to time. So what? There is much more to be grateful for.
You live in an awesome area. ( I am going to stay with my friend near Whitehorse for a week soon. Also, we lived in the NWT on the Mackenzie River for a few years.) The more I learn about the world the more thankful I am to be a Canadian.
After reading some of your posts it is my observation that you could learn more about your country from different sources that you are used to. Brian

i immigrated to canada over 16 years ago and made the choice to come here and i doubt your lecture about the same country we re living in may conduct to see actually a courage and patriotism as the motto of 2021 ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
so great country where i need now to get the permission from rcmp to bring my restricted to a gunshow, gunsmith or at the border ... so patritotic ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
medved, Are you one of those ungrateful, whining immigrants that we welcome into our country? If you are so unhappy, why don't you go back to where you came from? Some eastern European country, right?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medved, Also, you ignorant s.o.b., what does patriotism have to do with you taking a " restricted" out of your house? You haven't learned much since you came to Canada, and your english is the shits too.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
quote:
medved, Are you one of those ungrateful, whining immigrants that we welcome into our country? If you are so unhappy, why don't you go back to where you came from? Some eastern European country, right?

You are classic moron Brian, but we butted heads before so it don’t surprises me
We immigrants from some Eastern European countries have lot more ideas what freedom of individual could be like as we grew up in no freedom and we can actually see subtle changes in free societies of US and Canada that is slowly but surely eroding personal freedoms in the name of some kinda safety and equality but I don’t expect you to have a clue…

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Milan, Yes, there is some truth to what you say but I wouldn't jump up and down and say it applies to medved. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Medved, Also, you ignorant s.o.b., what does patriotism have to do with you taking a " restricted" out of your house? You haven't learned much since you came to Canada, and your english is the shits too.

ah ah keep trudeau in your heart soon you will understand what i meant and that day you will cry how your canada went down because of you ...
my english is not very good true enough but i spoke shittly 4 languages and you?

when they start to control your guns it is the beginning ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
quote:

You are classic moron Brian, but we butted heads before so it don’t surprises me
We immigrants from some Eastern European countries have lot more ideas what freedom of individual could be like as we grew up in no freedom and we can actually see subtle changes in free societies of US and Canada that is slowly but surely eroding personal freedoms in the name of some kinda safety and equality but I don’t expect you to have a clue…

too late for him ... i love being here but the people from here do not get a clue about what is coming ...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medved,

"... I spoke shittly 4 languages..."

Man you sound like a Frenchman. Do you say? "I throw the bull over the fence some hay."

You crack me up! Thanks for the laugh. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
seems internet is not the place you should be if you want to meet people that share the same ideas ...

frenchman, immigrants that does not sound a very open mind man despite supporting trudeau ...

now let s go to the facts will you:

how you consider a country supporting courage and patriotism when churches are burnt down, i imagine you re not catholic but do not worry soon it will yours but do not expect the catholics to move for you ...
more funny the provincials and territorials gvt have a rat line where you can report everything bad your neighbours are doing about covid how can it courageous and patriotic to support that ...
now on firearms you certainly do not care but last may 2020 the gvt decided with a stroke that the ar15 are now prohibited as well as the 460 wea mag and any other caliber doing over 10000 joules how can you support that and bieng on a hunting and shooting forum and i can go on ...

you re the one the people are laughing off but you do not see it ...

kisses

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Medved,
You make some good points. I can see that you have put much thought into the subject.

What line of work are you in?

I was first in Whitehorse for a week with my parents in 1956 but have not seen it since. I imagined it has changed a lot by now. Several sternwheeler river boats were pulled up on the shore and my brother and I played in them.
My wife and I lived in the NWT on the Mackenzie River, Fort Simpson, Fort Norman, etc for a few years in the 70's. I miss the north. Brian

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
medved,

I don't think ive spent enough time in Canada to comment.

Your point is very valid in the U.S.

I talk to people all the time that are clueless about how the rest of the world really is. They have no idea how much they have to loose.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Watched the news this morning. Looks like the Canadian borders just opened to those vaccinated.
Noted on the comments that 81% of the Canadians have received at least 1 vaccination.

EZ

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a call from my outfitter yesterday. Looks like I'll be headed to Canada in Sept to complete my Slam!
Cloud 9! Can't wait to get back up in the mountains again.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerPaw:
Got a call from my outfitter yesterday. Looks like I'll be headed to Canada in Sept to complete my Slam!
Cloud 9! Can't wait to get back up in the mountains again.

Glad this Covid mess is finally allowing some changes at the border and you will be going on that sheep hunt. Hope you get a big ram. tu2

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TigerPaw, That is pretty cool! Have great hunt. Brian

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm slowly making my way around Canada. I will have hunted Yukon, NW Territories, BC and this one will be in Alberta near Banff area. Lord help me if I get near Newfoundland.
I've heard stories about them people... LOL!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will be on the eastern slope of the Canadian Rockys. Beautiful. I have never been to Newfoundland but I have met a lot of newfys. They are lots of fun. They put family and lifestyle first. Good hunting. Brian

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
You mean the state where people are leaving like rats fleeing a sinking ship? I thought everyone made fun of California...every US hunter I know does, including the ones who live in CA. Smiler

Heh. There are many more coming north than going north. More should go, we'd have more water.

Isn't Canada the place where you can't take a rifle to a range without a permit of some sort?

Old bumper sticker: "Welcome to California. Now go home."

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14323 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Close but no cigar. You need a permit to take your hand gun to the range.

quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by Skyline:
You mean the state where people are leaving like rats fleeing a sinking ship? I thought everyone made fun of California...every US hunter I know does, including the ones who live in CA. Smiler

Heh. There are many more coming north than going north. More should go, we'd have more water.

Isn't Canada the place where you can't take a rifle to a range without a permit of some sort?

Old bumper sticker: "Welcome to California. Now go home."

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The USA is tightening the border up. I would not be surprised if Canada does too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The USA is tightening the border up. I would not be surprised if Canada does too.

Biden's America is tightening the border up? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thank you......I needed a good laugh this morning.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 243 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Need that border to stay open for just a bit longer. Leave 8/30 in AM for a 2 week sheep hunt. Once in the field I should be ok. No reception.