New
Find
Notify
Tools

BC Bans Bear Hunting.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me? Why I've done exactly as much as you have Kute, nothing at all...Although, you are a lot closer to the problem living in downtown Surrey and all. After all, one would think that you would be able to rouse the locals into preventing the loss of the hunting area in question. Being a "man of the people" and all....

I don't really care if you believe me or not, but since that has come up, I will say that I've managed to continue in one career, and don't have a string of failures and career changes behind me....I'm sure you know what I mean.

Posts: 38 | Location: Erickson, BC | Registered: 24 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, I do not, but, I am sure that you will inform me of your "knowledge" of my personal life, especially as we have never met.

I could refer to certain posts on another forum about a certain "failure" that you were moaning about....I'm sure you know what I mean. However, I don't stoop to the level that you live at.....never have and never will, bucko.

BTW, I do not live in Surrey and seldom ever go there; this is just more of your phoney drivel.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually don't know what you are refering to there Kute....But I'm sure you will find a way to enlighten me....Even without "stooping".

As to my level, well, you'll never rise to this level. Your personality will always keep you down. The sad thing is that you probably can't even see how your hatred and fear has poisoned you, and made you a pathetic man who's only reason for getting up in the morning is trying to impress people on the internet with stories of possessions and feats of backcountry greatness.

East Van, Surrey, Maple Ridge, all shades of gray really...All very urban.

Just be aware Ol'Dew, that you truly do not speak for the majority of British Columbians.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushMonkey:
I actually don't know what you are refering to there Kute....But I'm sure you will find a way to enlighten me....Even without "stooping".

As to my level, well, you'll never rise to this level. Your personality will always keep you down. The sad thing is that you probably can't even see how your hatred and fear has poisoned you, and made you a pathetic man who's only reason for getting up in the morning is trying to impress people on the internet with stories of possessions and feats of backcountry greatness.

East Van, Surrey, Maple Ridge, all shades of gray really...All very urban.

Just be aware Ol'Dew, that you truly do not speak for the majority of British Columbians.

Why is it that you cannot discuss this without continually making false and misleading comments and implications? Your reference to my being ...called out, ...hatred and fear... and on and on; this simply shows just how weak your argument in favour of foreign ownership and hunting really is.

I am beginning to wonder if anyone could ever enlighten you on any topic at all; your obtuse and baseless comments demonstrate a level of arrogance that is simply astounding.

If, you think that you ...speak for the majority of British Columbians..., on this or any issue, you should have no difficulty refuting what I have posted; yet, you merely attempt to denigrate me and mock those who live, for whatever reason, in the GVA.

If, you are as successful in your career as you state, then, you should have no problem with obtaining any possessions that you desire and mine should not concern you. However, you are very careful to NOT reveal what this stellar career is and where YOU happen to live. Do you live EXACTLY where you wish to and have always done so, or, have you had to move to pursue employment as most BCers have in recent years?

If, you want to consider me ...pathetic..., well, all I can say is that your opinions are not of great concern to me and your ...level... is not at all what you seem to think it is. So, why not at least TRY to discuss the topic at hand?

I have never and would not make any assertions as to my ...backcountry greatness..., the very thought is absurd, as with most of your remarks. You seem like a rather obsessed guy with some deep emotional issues and you can only attack others as you cannot concentrate on anything other than your own negativity....you might look into "anti-depressants" and a few sessions with your local "psych out-patients" clinic.

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Baseless comments and arrogance....Kettle is that you?

At any rate, I am not in favour of foreign ownership. Nor am I against it. It simply is what it is. I myself have considered buying land outside of Canada, simply to have someplace different to stay at will in a tropical setting.

Nor do I think I speak for the majority of British Columbians, as you state that you do continually on threads of this type; the only BC'er I speak for is myself.

And believe me, I don't have any issues obtaining any possessions I want or desire. However I don't feel the need to continually spout off how many of what type of possession I do have....Sound familiar? Makes one wonder (more than one truth be told) if said goods actually do exist anywhere other than an individuals mind.

And yes, I do live where I wish, and I do as I like.

Have never and would not..blah blah blah...I'm sure any 10 people polled on this site could name a reasonably close guess as to your stated length of wanderings in "remote Northern BC" that gives you so much "experience" with guides and outfitters and foreign ownership of land. In fact, I would hazard a guess that your hatred of all foreign ownership comes from Darkwoods forestry running you off of their property at some point in distant past.

So to get back to the original topic then Dew, what exactly have you done as a self proclaimed environmental activist to prevent the closure of bear hunting on the coast?

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Baseless comments and arrogance....Kettle is that you?

At any rate, I am not in favour of foreign ownership. Nor am I against it. It simply is what it is. I myself have considered buying land outside of Canada, simply to have someplace different to stay at will in a tropical setting.

Nor do I think I speak for the majority of British Columbians, as you state that you do continually on threads of this type; the only BC'er I speak for is myself.

And believe me, I don't have any issues obtaining any possessions I want or desire. However I don't feel the need to continually spout off how many of what type of possession I do have....Sound familiar? Makes one wonder (more than one truth be told) if said goods actually do exist anywhere other than an individuals mind.

And yes, I do live where I wish, and I do as I like.

Have never and would not..blah blah blah...I'm sure any 10 people polled on this site could name a reasonably close guess as to your stated length of wanderings in "remote Northern BC" that gives you so much "experience" with guides and outfitters and foreign ownership of land. In fact, I would hazard a guess that your hatred of all foreign ownership comes from Darkwoods forestry running you off of their property at some point in distant past.

So to get back to the original topic then Dew, what exactly have you done as a self proclaimed environmental activist to prevent the closure of bear hunting on the coast?

Im still waiting to see a copy of the article he was about to have published the last time we had this conversation.If he was able to write one without the pompous arrogance and hatred he usually displays,more people might listen.As it is,nobody will get past the first paragraph.Come on dewey,lets see this example of oratory eloquence.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The foreigners who ran Darkwoods NEVER ran us off that area of land which WE REAL BCers truely owned and I often went there, as did many other locals. They DID employ some rather questionable "forestry" workers,( you know what I mean, eh, buck) but, that is all finished now and, most people on HBC AGREED with me and my thoughts on this issue.

My objection to foreign ownership comes largely from two primary sources, the first is a Canadian background and the second is from what I have seen in Canada in respect of environmental destruction as a result of such control over Canadian resources. But, it is my fundamental birthright to entertain any opinions on this I choose to, as I am a REAL BCer and Canadian, not a sniveling pos traitor and sellout like you are.

I have repeatedly stated that I did not, do not and have never had anything to do with this specific hunting closure; it appears as though your reading comprehension is as poor as your ability to write, reason and even remember actual facts, eh.

When my article is ready, I am still gathering more information, I will submit it for publication and I am not about to be pushed into doing anything by either of you pathetic morons. In any case, jb, YOU have NO influence in this matter, your buddy here is merely a sorehead who wishes he were a sort of person that he can never be and that is that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:
as I am a REAL BCer and Canadian, not a sniveling pos traitor and sellout like you are.

Traitor and sellout? You have no idea of who I am, we've never met. You have no idea of what I do, and yet you try and tell me I'm a sellout? A traitor? I think not dear Dew-zy.

quote:

I have repeatedly stated that I did not, do not and have never had anything to do with this specific hunting closure; it appears as though your reading comprehension is as poor as your ability to write, reason and even remember actual facts, eh.

And yet you accost me about whether or not I've done anything about it? I simply asked you if in all of your posturing and bluffing if you've actually done anything, or merely talked about foreign ownership. And as I was fully aware, you merely hijacked this thread to deliver one of your rants about "foreigners" and what you'll do if you run into one. Again. Tiresome.

quote:
Originally posted by Dewey:your buddy here is merely a sorehead who wishes he were a sort of person that he can never be and that is that.

Actually, no. I am the person I want to be. I am educated, well paid, and exceptionally well adjusted. The same sir, cannot be said of you. And there lies the rub...I sincerely believe (like many of your forum-mates) that you are merely a blowhard wanna-be who posts on forums such as this so that for short periods of time you can pretend to be someone that you always wanted to be...Respected, knowledgeable, experienced.

I'm sorry you didn't turn out the way you wanted to. Its Sad. Really sad.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...I am educated...

Your screed certainly belies that comment, eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hijack? Well, since a comment was addressed to me in the initial post, I think that my response is called for and appropriate.

BTW, with all of your "education", you might realize that the CORRECT term is " and thereIN lies the rub"..........

Now, this is becoming a bore and I will put you on "ignore", stay safe and be a good little boy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

BTW, with all of your "education", you might realize that the CORRECT term is " and thereIN lies the rub"..........

Now, this is becoming a bore and I will put you on "ignore", stay safe and be a good little boy.

What I find quite humourous is that you cannot find anyting to harp on other than grammatical errors...(Funnier yet still is dropping them for you to pick up so you have something to base your rebuttals off of...and that you didn't catch all of them.)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dewey,

The one thing I DID notice about the canucks that may very well hate us Americans...........they sure loved my money! It's the sound of Cha-ching...thats what they know best. Money talks...bull shit walks. Now shut up and go away Dewey. BTW, there is only ONE "super power" in the world today....guess who it ain't.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would it be the nation to the south of Canada, you know, the same one beaten in a war that it started by tiny Vietnam????

...shut up and go away..., that's not very nice, now is it? Are you one of those "ugly Americans" we hear about or just having a bad day?

Cheer up, I will be gone for 2-3 weeks and you can spend the time fantasizing about all your POWER.....geez, no WONDER every nation on Earth is afraid of you, eh?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not an ugly person....just that way to you because thats the only language you understand. You are apparently one very bitter person that thinks the world should kiss your ass. Chill out and live longer. The grudge you hold is the very one thats going to kill you. Live some AND read the bible...heaven knows you need it.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You know,it may be comforting to single out foriegn hunters as the cause of all big game managment problems but I don't think it is over hunting by Americans that has reduced elk populations here in recent years.
I agree that guide/outfitter territories should not be owned by foriegn interests but their clients don't really impact me too much. Any time I have guided hunters, I've found that some were great guys to spend time with, in spite of the vast differences in our economic positions and backgrounds, while others were certifiable jerks; probably because of our previously mention differences.
When it comes to our game animals in this area, my opportunities are adversely affected a lot more by the influx of lower mainland hunters and their attendent convoy of quads than by Americans. Just as, when I lived up the North Thompson, it was lower mainland people who got all the moose draws in my back yard.
In other words, I'm more disgusted to see the hunter from Vancouver hanging over my back fence or setting up his camper beside my mailbox than I am to run into an American and his guide when I'm up in the high country. It isn't guided Americans that leave quad tracks across alpine meadows or along every ridge.
Our elk populations are hurt more by our constant sucking up to the BC Cattlemens Association than by the guide outfitters. We allow more crown land to be fenced (hell, we pay for it!)and overgrazed. In recent years some ranchers are actually sub-letting grazing on public lands. Our access to crown land is restricted by resource based companies who, in some cases, are antagonistic to our hunting environment and hunters in general. That some of these companies are foriegn owned matters not. The results would be same if they were domestic. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You bring up some great points Bill. I myself have witnessed the lower mainland guys breaking the rules and harvesting animals with questionable ethics. But as ussual a few bad apples will ruin it for the bunch.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, what is going on here? I have no knowledge of the personalities involved, but to respond to the fact that BC is banning/going to ban non resident hunters with "well we saved your ass in the last war" or words to that effect, just seems a little strange and defies logic. Don't individual states differentiate between residents and non residents when it comes to hunting permits/tags? Don't residents get priority? Perhaps because they pay taxes? Or perhaps we Americans think that the rest of the world should be motivated by money. just like we are?
Just my .02 (American) cents.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter:
Geez, what is going on here? I have no knowledge of the personalities involved, but to respond to the fact that BC is banning/going to ban non resident hunters with "well we saved your ass in the last war" or words to that effect, just seems a little strange and defies logic. Don't individual states differentiate between residents and non residents when it comes to hunting permits/tags? Don't residents get priority? Perhaps because they pay taxes? Or perhaps we Americans think that the rest of the world should be motivated by money. just like we are?
Peter.

Perhaps some personalities on this thread seem to get the same response from people no matter where they go. Confused

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it important to stress here, that my personal attitude concerning this issue is NOT, as I have said, based on Americans, per se. I am concerned with ALL foreign uses of and access to Canadian resources and hunting/angling is among these.

I just returned from a week+ of traveling and hunting in both NWBC and the Kootenays, had to pass on a HUGE 6x6 near my home town as he was a VERY short distance into a Management Area that is ONLY draw from one with a open 6pt. season. My buddie's RM Goat hunt was rained out and the proliferation of ATVs in every area we were in was just incredible, simply bizarre.

In the Kootenays, as in most western Canadian areas I have lived/worked in, the locals all seem to own "quads" and drive like maniacs on any road, trail or open hillside they can. I have witnessed severe scarring of fragile meadow ecosystems in the Chilcotin and Kootenays and I tend to freakin' HATE "quads".

But, LOCAL BC-born people seem to love them and MOST quadders we encountered were NOT hunters, but, just out for the fun they find in riding....I have never so much as sat on one and really have no idea why anyone would want to...difficult issue here in BC.

I have to chuckle at Bill Leeper's comments about the "Vancouver" hunters coming to HIS area. I live in Vancouver, my family came here in 1884, from Victoria where they had first settled about the time of Confederation,and some went to Nelson,BC and Moyie, BC in 1893.

I was BORN a fourth-generation "Kootenay" and well remember how we did not want Americans coming there or anywhere in BC in the '60s...draftdodgers, Vietnam babykiller vets and liberal academics and hippies.

To me, there is a HUGE difference between a BC-born hunter exercising his birthright to hunt ANYWHERE in BC he desires to and some Yankee being guided in the alpine or anywhere else here. I strongly favour BC hunters traveling all over our province and establishing friendships in all eight of our Wildlife Management Regions.

I AM VERY concerned about this quad issue, but, it is not directly relevant to the topic at hand and is perhaps best discussed on HBC or other BC venues. I see a definite impact on certain game populations and I think that quads should be VERY strictly regulated in hunting season....but, those BCers who like the noisy contraptions ALSO have rights.......

This thread originated due to bears and I just saw one of the largest Black Bear sows I have ever seen, absolutely coal-midnight black and with THREE little brown cubs, lotsa dead Salmon where we were and they all looked nice and fat, ready for winter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Peter.

If, everyone from the USA were as courteous and realistic concerning this topic as this gentleman, it would greatly assist in preserving the opportunities for Americans to hunt-fish, etc., here in BC. This is, one would hope, a "word to the wise"........

I would go a long way "out of my way" to help a person like this to get a chance at a BC Salmon, Stone's Sheep or RM Bighorn as this is the sort of post and attitude I respect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Peter.

If, everyone from the USA were as courteous and realistic concerning this topic as this gentleman, it would greatly assist in preserving the opportunities for Americans to hunt-fish, etc., here in BC. This is, one would hope, a "word to the wise"........

I would go a long way "out of my way" to help a person like this to get a chance at a BC Salmon, Stone's Sheep or RM Bighorn as this is the sort of post and attitude I respect.

I'd bet most of us are very respectful individuals who are well-liked and respected in many circles.....but after being prodded, poked and insulted by someone like Dewey repeatedly, I think many of us just lose our cool.

Ever heard of the Dale Carnegie course Dewey? If you've already taken it, I'd ask for a refund.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
had to pass on a HUGE 6x6 near my home town as he was a VERY short distance into a Management Area that is ONLY draw from one with a open 6pt. season.

Not exactly "passing" if you would of had to poach him in a closed zone...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
had to pass on a HUGE 6x6 near my home town as he was a VERY short distance into a Management Area that is ONLY draw from one with a open 6pt. season.

Not exactly "passing" if you would of had to poach him in a closed zone...

BM, I have never even considered poaching ANY organism and my buddy would not do do, either. To imply that I would is dishonest, cowardly and a defamatory remark....made by one who is what you are, this is just a bit ironic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read what I wrote....YOU said you had to "pass"...I guess the next time I drive through Jasper or Banff in September I'm "passing" on bulls?

I implied no such thing....Merely clarified a statement.

Made by one who is what I am, which is what Dewey?

posted Hide Post
Reading this thread has been very interesting. Until I read Dewey's comments, I thought that the "Red Green Show" was simply a humorous satire. Now I am beginning to understand that it is true.
Hmmm...increases my preexisting sympathique pour les Quebecois!

Posts: 20 | Location: South of Mason Dixon | Registered: 15 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys - not everyone here in BC shares veiws of stopping 'foreign' hunting.

I've many great friends from 'abroad'- US, Denmark and Germany, whom I met and got to know a little while guiding since the late '70's.

The "loudmouth' was rare - I can only remember 1 out of perhaps 50 hunters.

Daryl S.

Posts: 169 | Location: Central B.C. | Registered: 27 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should also have included two fine Chaps form England.

Daryl S.

Posts: 169 | Location: Central B.C. | Registered: 27 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Why do American go to B.C to hunt when they can come to Alaska and do it shit... Why dump all that money into the Canadian economy when they can do it in the good ol USA... Sure no stone sheep but we have everything else.. So for you folks wanting to go chase moose, caribou, black bear, brown bear come to Alaska...

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
323 - a lot fo the guys we get, drive North with pickups for packing meat home. For those from Wash., Oregon or Montana, it's only 500 to 650 miles to where I live, rather than more than twice that distanc to Alaska. The monetary exchange rate also has a bearing, I am sure.

Daryl S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dewey,
Well hell under your logic, since we have no right to dare think about hunting your land, you shouldn't be privy to anything that America makes or has created.

Real smart, ban all foriegn hunters from BC, are you out of your mind, there's not enough people in your shitty territory to support your hunting economy.

I resent your comment about "rich Americans," guess what here in America, you can be anything you want, INCLUDING RICH! sounds to me that someone is just upset because when he looks around the table, he's got a short stack of chips.

HELL I guess people shouldn't be able to go hunt in africa either, since we're not from any of those countries either. Oh wait, thats the most ridiculus logic EVER...thanks dewey!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excuse me, you typical Texan, but, as with so many of your ignorant breed, you require a lesson in reality.

First, MY direct ancestors on my father's side settled in Pennsylvania in the 17thC., one of my Grandfathers was born in Milwaukee and some of my ancestors fought for "the Union" in "The War between the States", so, shove your drivel where the sun never shines, HUH!

IF, B.C, is such ...shitty territory..., WHY do azzholes like you plus a large number of decent Yanks want to come hunting, etc., here? It seems as though you are as contradictory as you are a loudmouthed prick, HUH!

We do not have a ...hunting economy...in B.C., but, a discussion of economics is obviously beyond your ken, HUH!

My ...stack of chips..., you peapickin' peckerwood white trash jerkoff, is well into six figures per annum, so, dream on, you still have a big hat and no cows.

I guess it is UP TO AFRICANS if they want you to hunt in THEIR countries, eh; but, a ...ridiculus...( when will Americans learn English?) Texan blowhard like you IS NOT welcome here and probably not THERE, either, eh?

You are welcome ,dickhead, now, go sit in the corner and continue fantasizing that you are a "hunter".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dewey:
Excuse me, you typical Texan, but, as with so many of your ignorant breed, you require a lesson in reality.

IF, B.C, is such ...shitty territory..., WHY do azzholes like you plus a large number of decent Yanks want to come hunting, etc., here?

We do not have a ...hunting economy...in B.C.,

OK Dewey, first things, I never called you any school-yard names, so I would appreciate it if you would just try and act your age, and if you can't control your filthy mouth maybe you should exam the mirror a little more.

2nd, I never said I had a desire to come hunt BC, however, you're saying that hunting in BC doesn't contribute to the economy of BC? That is a lesson I would love for you to explain to me.

I just find is funny, that you believe that only residents should be able to hunt there...I bet there are tons of outfitters who would disagree with you.

"Wildlife fuels the engines of Economic Prosperity" Peace Parks

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No. you merely referred to the province I love and which my ancestors helped found as ...shitty territory...and NOW you snivel because I gave you a little back? How VERY Texan, in my considerable experience with your bloviating kind.

Your second and typically ignorant comment is, as one would expect, a dammed LIE. I DID NOT say that ...hunting in B.C. doesn't contribute to the economy of B.C....you dishonest, sneaky hillbilly whiner. What I POSTED is here for all to read AND it is RESIDENT hunting, not the activities of foreign pukes like you, that contributes to B.C.'s economy, not that this is your business.

I would imagine that most ...outfitters...WOULD strongly disagree with my position on many aspects of B.C. hunting. The last one I spoke with by phone was a TEXAN whom I learned about from this very forum; he was quite snotty to me on the phone and he and all other foreign GOs do NOT belong in MY country.

So, what you or any other foreigner or ESPECIALLY some Texan dork who is an "outfitter" here in B.C. thinks means f**kall to me. Foreign "outfitters" are on the way out here...whatever it takes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, come to think about it, this entire thread really is pointless as the entire topic has been discussed here extensively and further reciprocal posting of insults seems a waste of time.

So, I suggest that everyone simply let this thread sink into oblivion and not post further comments on it. We will NEVER agree on such issues and should probably agree to leave them out of further discussions on this forum.

This is as much of an "olive branch" as I will EVER offer and, if further negative activity occurs, well, "the gloves come off".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on guys - this isn't necessary and is in very bad taste.

Daryl S.

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is as much of an "olive branch" as I will EVER offer and, if further negative activity occurs, well, "the gloves come off".

The likely hood of negative activity seems high,Dewey.Might as well take the gloves off,and wade on in.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, this issue has been discussed here to the point where everyone who wishes to has had a say, good, bad, realistic, ignorant and whatever.

The situation here in B.C. is rapidly evolving and the GOs who bring the various foreigners here are "runnin' scared" and placing large, costly adverts in various newspapers to try to convince BC citizens of the value of allowing them to operate as they have during the past couple of decades. The reaction to this, on HBC, among BC residents is NOT in favour of the GOs or foreigners hunting here.

This attitude has increased noticably during the past year and my intuitive "take on it", is that the political pressure to curtail or ban foreign hunting in BC will result in a ban and within less than a decade. Posters here can make any foolish comments they wish to and it means jacksquat, the situation is changing and exactly as I have posted it is.

So, since this is happening in BC and it concerns BC, I see little point in further commentary on AR as HBC is the appropriate venue for we BCers to discuss how we are going to manage our resources. Seems a "no brainer" to me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To be certain we hear all sides...

Anyone else from B.C? Any confirm on this info?

Posts: 98 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dewey - The saddest part of this whole situation is the complete lack of common sense you have as it pertains to the future of ALL hunting in your beloved B.C./Canada!! You can't actually believe that once your liberal government/anti hunters manage to get GO's/non-resident aliens out, that they will be content with that and let the RESIDENTS have the run of the place. It's about stopping hunting all-together, but like most changes they generally happen one thing at a time. It's really shameful when hunters don't find a way to work together to collaborate on a common goal, a goal which should include the longevity of the sport that we all enjoy. Come on man, are you telling me that there's not room for both GO's and residents??? And yes, I have hunted B.C. several times, along with the Yukon, the Territories, Alberta, etc. Seems to me that there's plenty of places for everyone to enjoy your beautiful province. Instead, greed and selfishness like yours will be the downfall of it all. It's pretty easy for the anti's to win this one, when the opposition is already divided, instead of united!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iowanic, I suggest that you log on to www.huntingbc.ca and this is the "HBC" to which I sometimes refer. There is a cross section of opinion posted thereon, by both residents and some GOs as well as other Canadians. You can, IMO, obtain a pretty fair example of just how the feelings are running on BC hunting by reading various threads there and are welcome to join and post YOUR opinions, should you wish to do so.

I think that the general trend of resident opinion here IS largely opposed to the GOs and their machinations which greatly restrict resident and other Canadians from access to and harvest of our own resources. While many of us are active in wildlife and environmental issues here, both professionally and as an advocation, as I have been for many years, there are "newbies" to our ranks and they ask for advice and assistance.

So, take a gander and join in, I think that you will find it an interesting and informative exercise.

AN...GFY.