THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Vintagers double gun championships pics & video
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vintagers double gun championships pics & video
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
The double rifle stopping gun event will be held at Pintail Point, Md. September 23--- 26.
Hope to see some AR members there.

Stopping gun minimum caliber is 450/400 up.

www.vintagers.org

Mike
AR member SXS and Grame Wright Australian team member

I am loading a 4bore for a shot. What a hoot...

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Flying home from DC on 19th. If I were hanging around for a few more days, I'd go check it out.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be there.

When the buffalo are gone we will hunt mice, for we are hunters, and we want our freedom---Sitting Bull

.470 Chapuis double; 9.3x74R Mathelon triple; 30-06 Winchester O/U

Posts: 105 | Location: Rockville, MD USA | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wish there was something doing out here on the Pacific Coast ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16373 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 8gauge
posted Hide Post
I will be there with a greener 577 and my boswell 8 bore ready to kill some paper! see u there.

Posts: 30 | Location: WI | Registered: 11 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the falling apart of the H&H DR shoot in Washington, I have been thinking how it could be resurrected for 2011. There is a sizable community of DR owners/shooters in Baker City, Oregon. They hold a DR shoot there. Big range. A couple of them are coming up next week to tour the Elmer Keith Museum in the Boise Cabela's, chow down, and do the cigar & Amarula thing in the back yard.

It could work, it is barely a two hour drive from the Boise Airport.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highbrass
posted Hide Post
Mike, I hope I can make it out, need to catch up since we met there a couple of years back...

"Anything he did not accomplish as a pupil was my failing as a teacher" Max you will be missed Aug-02 1999; May 20, 2008

Posts: 119 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a plan...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Well guys the Vintagers side by side championships start this Thursday at Pintail Point, Md.

See you there.

Mike
The rapid fire event six timed shots

One of Us
Picture of 8gauge
posted Hide Post
See you there, im shooting on friday .577 greener and 8 bore boswell. see my post on big bore forum.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Certainly hope some kind chap will take and post some video footage of this event!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16373 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
We will see if I can get some one to film the shooting.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike

Regina and I are leaving tomorrow.

Hot steamed crabs en route at Harris' at Kent Narrows (and on the return trip as well). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I'll be around the Gunsinternational booth when not cutting up with Ken at the KEBCO / Verney-Carron booth.

Look forward to seeing all!!

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I'll be there thursday see you guys there

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Charging buffalo. buf comes down a rope on wheels and it is moving. Sight picture and recoil recovery important. Oh yea, don't forget ammo.

Mike

Last minute instructions... shoot straight

fight or flight

running lion

Well done buffalo compliments 4 bore.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Maaaan! That looks like real fun! i wish i could do a shoot like that. Have fun guys!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here's few more from last year can't wait until this weekend

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, but where are the breeks and the Norfolk jackets?

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
Damn! looks like that buffalo hunter was starting the seasonal burn!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Vintagers shoot is over for another year. I shot very good the first day and shot exceptional the second day. Felt very satisfied with my shooting. I was in third place after the first days shoot and finished in 6th place overall. Sure did enjoy it and great to meet friends.
I will be uploading pics and video clips.

Mike

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike: Eagerly awaiting your photos and clips. Did the heat ever break?

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
No, Thursday temp was 91, and high humidity and Friday was 93, Saturday 92. Thank goodness for shade trees.

Working on uploads.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
+This video is of AR member SXS shooting a vintage Holland # Holland Royal 500/450 a smooth operator took second in stopping rifle
More clips and pics to follow
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh...1KSQ?feat=directlink

A four shot timed event lion 3 tens and a 5 pretty good group a 577 Greener

ele at 35 yds two shots both 10

lion with a 577 big holes 3 tens and a 5

Who needs a chain saw when elephant guns 'geter done' the right hand lion every shooter contributed to the 9 inch tree falling

Here is the proud tree slayer 4 shots with a lowly 375H&H Chapius and he claimed the title TREE SLAYER .

The top three winners in stopping rifle

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics and clip, Mike. That's some good work with the .577, and your colleague sure can run that H&H.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
I have 5 or 6 more clips to upload.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
My .577 got even.

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
video clips

retreever and running rhino on uneven ground
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh...Gnsg?feat=directlink

8gauge shoooting a 577 Greener charging buf.
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh...CGnQ?feat=directlink

one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
I had a blast. Thursday wasn't such a great day for me but I had fun. Friday I tripled my Thursday score it was a great day. Always good to see the guys and the shoot is so much fun. I shot the drilling tournament Sat. It's was a lot of fun too. Now I have to wait a year to do it again.

One of Us
Picture of 8gauge
posted Hide Post
shot both guns .577 greener and 8 bore on friday 68 shots! lots of big holes in the paper! i will try and get more pics and vids up too. Nice seeing all the guys.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by retreever:
My .577 got even.

Ouch!!!! How'd that happen?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Looks like you all had a lot of fun. Wish I'd come down after all, tho I can live without the heat and humidity that you guys had. See you in the spring at Deep River.

Best to you and Jeff,
Ron.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
another video clip.

8gauge hammer gun running rhino birds eye view

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh...Wv9Q?feat=directlink

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! beer clap

Wish I could have made it down - next year for certain. tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Wish there was something doing out here on the Pacific Coast ...

Bill,

Our local club, Central Oregon Shooting Sports in Bend, just put on their second Big Bore/Double Rifle shoot this past month. Unfortunately the person in charge has made it an "by invitation only" event. We had a total of twenty-one shooters. With the current way the shoot is run that was about max.

I wish I had a way to post pictures, I'd send one or two along.

After the event, the club president and I were talking, and we're going to try to put on at least one and possibly two events per year featuring a walking course and moving targets. At least one of the events would be for big bore/double rifles.

If this comes to fruition, I'll post a notice and hopefully some of the good folks here will be interested.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Elk Hunter: I had no idea! What a wonderful excuse to visit Bend.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Josh Weiner for winning the stopping rifle shoot. Josh set a new course record using a Verney-Carron 500 NE. Josh had also set the previous record in 2008 using a V-C 450-400.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kebco:
Congrats to Josh Weiner for winning the stopping rifle shoot. Josh set a new course record using a Verney-Carron 500 NE. Josh had also set the previous record in 2008 using a V-C 450-400.

Wait till Josh gets his bespoke V-C, he'll be hell on wheeels!! Big Grin

For those who do not know, Josh is a leftie shooting right hand guns. I suppose he has given all a handicap for only so long. Wink

Fine job Josh!! tu2 tu2 tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
I always enjoy reading the reports from Vintagers and hate I cant attend! Maybe some day I will show up and most certainly stop by Bertie's Boutique and get Bespoked up in some of them fancy duds!! hilbily

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Josh is "hell on wheels" already, and a great guy besides. He also took first in the stalking rifle competition. Congrats again. I did manage to wrest the Alexander Henry Cup [single shot] back from him however.

We always have a good time!

Posts: 29 | Location: Northeast USA | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
Here is some youtubes of the entire course. Though I didn't shoot as well as others I shot better than last year and I had a blast. I can't wait until next year to do it again.

Now where can I find a place in New York to practice. Confused Confused

Start of the course

Final Scoring

The Balance of the course