THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    ** 2/24/21 UPDATE ** THOMAS BLAND & SON - "EUOPLIA" - 36th PARADOX CRIMPING TOOL MADE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

** 2/24/21 UPDATE ** THOMAS BLAND & SON - "EUOPLIA" - 36th PARADOX CRIMPING TOOL MADE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, I was really lucky finding this one. I looked for over 5 years to find a Paradox gun. Its a real hoot to shoot, and I plan to take it hunting for Wisconsin Whitetails this Fall.

Still have the late doe season to wrack a few with it.

Posts: 16532 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buck made a 16 bore tool for my Manufrance 16 bore Paradox. It is a beautiful tool and easy to use. He even engraved the serial no. of my Paradox on the tool. Real quality.

one of us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dutch44:
Buck made a 16 bore tool for my Manufrance 16 bore Paradox. It is a beautiful tool and easy to use. He even engraved the serial no. of my Paradox on the tool. Real quality.

Hello Dutch44,
Thanks for the reply.

Your tool was No. 28 - I just finished tool No. 30.

It seem rather Strange I made this tool for a Manufrance 16 bore Paradox. It must have been a premonition. I just purchased a Manufrance 16 bore Cape Gun, so I'll have to make another 16 bore tool for myself. Take a look at what I got.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...5105333/m/5151033362

NUMBER 28 WAS FOR A 16 GAUGE

THE 16 BORE CAPE GUN THAT I JUST PURCHASED - I HAD TO MAKE A 16 GAUGE CRIMPING TOOL FOR IT

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 1612 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures of your Manufrance. I've two, both are the Model 28E. One in 12 bore and one in 16 bore.

I paid UK £40 for the 16 bore maybe now twenty to thirty years ago. The 12 bore was UK £240 but two years ago.

As with the USA here in the UK French shotguns aren't really that much loved nor liked. Strange really....but it is as it is.

The Model 32E-S (which yours is) dates around 1930 to 1931.

You'll often find the exact date stamped in ink on the back plain face of the buttstock if the buttplate is carefully removed.

As you've no doubt found to great delight the spring and rod under the barrels gives a self-opening/easy-opening ability to the gun.

The E for "ejector" and the S for "supra" (the rifled barrel)

The rifled barrel is NOT however primarily intended "for slug" as is often wrongly noted.

So these are not "cape guns" for big game but for something much much smaller. Rabbits and/or woodcock. I even have seen one...yes the one...rifled in both barrels.

But features can and do become benefits!

So as the advertising leaflet notes: "Enfin....." or roughly: "Finally, and a no less interesting side to this improvement our new rifled barrel allows shooting round ball, conical ball or the "MF Bullet" with precision, sufficient for distances from 50 to 100 metres."

Posts: 6760 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckstix
posted Hide Post
Hello enfieldspares,

Thank you - I already saw this post when you left it on the other forum under combination guns.

** UPDATE ** ** 1/19/21 **

I just finished the 31st Paradox Crimping Tool for a man in Maryland.

I never would have thought I'd make this many tools..

It's been a pleasure..

** UPDATE ** ** 2/24/21 **

I've made another 5 tools since my last update.

I just finished this 36th Paradox Crimping Tool for a man in Greenland.

It was a 14 gauge. I had to machine a brass 14ga shell to test the tool.

Making these tools for others has been fun.

I've got a few more crimp star left. pm me if you need a tool.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 1612 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With Quote