THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Media And Publications    Good Story in American Hunter on Roy Weatherby
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good Story in American Hunter on Roy Weatherby
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wayne Van Zwoll has a very good story on Roy Weatherby in the current issue of American Hunter.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wayne is the best gunwriter of all time. Tells a story better than Elmer Keith, has more polish and flair than Hemingway or O'Connor.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I'd go that far BWW, but I've always enjoyed his great writing!

Posts: 295 | Location: Sk, Canada | Registered: 06 September 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe he is the best of the current crop of writers , as those others mentioned were the top of the pile in their day as well.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you see the reader story about shooting a bighorn sheep and also killing one on the other side of his intended trophy? Singing the praises of his Weatherby!
It was in one of the NRA mags (we get all three here)
What a stupid thing to print.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post