Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A few live animal pics from 2014
 Login/Join

posted
A few live animal pics from 2014. Bear with me if I muck the links to the photos up, been a while since I was here.

Posts: 13 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2014Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I used to be a member here but had to re register. Had a lot to do with the heli-hunting debate that was raging on here a few years ago. Still loving it out there in the Southern Alps hunting on foot.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Great pics!

Posts: 4957 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Nice pics . Glad you are back posting.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Welcome back mate. Top photo's tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Welcome back. Great pictures.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for coming back.
Great to see what they look like while alive too. Good photography. Let's see more, you've got a great start.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the 'welcome back' from you all, I'll keep the photos coming if you want them. It's our off season here in NZ, always a challenge how to keep the wolf from the door over the off season, Heading into the alps right now to catch the last of the winter fur on the possums, back soon.

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice pics hope things are good over there

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Wazza,

We're all good thanks.

Here's a couple of rare pics, whitetail deer are in very low numbers in NZ, I spend a fair bit of time hunting them in the wilderness each year. Two nice pics here one of a mature doe, the other is the same doe with her yearling and twin fawns, spent a neat half an hour with these guys before they blew my cover.

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice looking animals, still having trouble with that herd from the air

Posts: 383 | Location: NW West Australia / Onepoto NZ | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Biggest problem right now is a huge 1080 dump through a lot of that country the DOC is on a 'save the birds' campaign.

Here's a pic of an 18 month old chamois, which was not too far from the deer.

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
yea read about that, not good even with repelant

posted Hide Post
Wazza,

There was an article in the local paper last week, where a group of volunteers found 4 dead whitetail within a 4 km2 area (obvioulsy its thick bush and they didn't find every dead deer in that area). If you apply that to the whole area poisoned that the whitetail inhabit, thats quite a big dent in a herd of animals that I estimate to be no more than 500.

posted Hide Post
I found a few more.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
They are nice Billies tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
nice, stag free range?

posted Hide Post
Billy goats are free-range most of them in the area we hunt have horns in the late 30's up to 43 inches.

Stag is an estate stag, silver medal, if I saw that boy in the wild I'd be very excited.

Chamois is a young buck, free-range wilderness animal we left him for another day.

One of Us
Picture of wazza56
posted Hide Post
Yep saw a few of those up Cardrona in April when we got to have a look at their fenced hunting compound, mate Lars knew a young Danish guy working there.