The Accurate Reloading Forums
A few live animal pics from 2014

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/6521090402

12 September 2014, 01:05
ethical freeranger
A few live animal pics from 2014
A few live animal pics from 2014. Bear with me if I muck the links to the photos up, been a while since I was here.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
12 September 2014, 01:07
ethical freeranger
I used to be a member here but had to re register. Had a lot to do with the heli-hunting debate that was raging on here a few years ago. Still loving it out there in the Southern Alps hunting on foot.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
12 September 2014, 05:02
sambarman338
Great pics!
12 September 2014, 09:46
muzza
Nice pics . Glad you are back posting.

Old enough to know better
12 September 2014, 12:56
Bakes
Welcome back mate. Top photo's tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"
13 September 2014, 02:38
Nakihunter
Welcome back. Great pictures.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."
13 September 2014, 14:38
georgeld
Thanks for coming back.
Great to see what they look like while alive too. Good photography. Let's see more, you've got a great start.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight
14 September 2014, 07:07
ethical freeranger
Thanks for the 'welcome back' from you all, I'll keep the photos coming if you want them. It's our off season here in NZ, always a challenge how to keep the wolf from the door over the off season, Heading into the alps right now to catch the last of the winter fur on the possums, back soon.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
15 September 2014, 05:35
wazza56
nice pics hope things are good over there

keep your barrell clean and your powder dry
19 September 2014, 07:56
ethical freeranger
Hi Wazza,

We're all good thanks.

Here's a couple of rare pics, whitetail deer are in very low numbers in NZ, I spend a fair bit of time hunting them in the wilderness each year. Two nice pics here one of a mature doe, the other is the same doe with her yearling and twin fawns, spent a neat half an hour with these guys before they blew my cover.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
22 September 2014, 12:18
wazza56
nice looking animals, still having trouble with that herd from the air

28 September 2014, 00:35
ethical freeranger
Biggest problem right now is a huge 1080 dump through a lot of that country the DOC is on a 'save the birds' campaign.

Here's a pic of an 18 month old chamois, which was not too far from the deer.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
28 September 2014, 19:14
wazza56
yea read about that, not good even with repelant

06 October 2014, 07:56
ethical freeranger
Wazza,

There was an article in the local paper last week, where a group of volunteers found 4 dead whitetail within a 4 km2 area (obvioulsy its thick bush and they didn't find every dead deer in that area). If you apply that to the whole area poisoned that the whitetail inhabit, thats quite a big dent in a herd of animals that I estimate to be no more than 500.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
07 December 2014, 23:42
ethical freeranger
I found a few more.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
08 December 2014, 11:24
Bakes
They are nice Billies tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"
08 December 2014, 12:19
wazza56
nice, stag free range?

08 December 2014, 23:21
ethical freeranger
Billy goats are free-range most of them in the area we hunt have horns in the late 30's up to 43 inches.

Stag is an estate stag, silver medal, if I saw that boy in the wild I'd be very excited.

Chamois is a young buck, free-range wilderness animal we left him for another day.

www.hawea-hunting.co.nz
09 December 2014, 03:09
wazza56
Yep saw a few of those up Cardrona in April when we got to have a look at their fenced hunting compound, mate Lars knew a young Danish guy working there.