Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australia/New Zealand outfitter issue
 Login/Join

posted
I'm writing on this forum because I need help. I am an SCI member and myself and another member and his teenage son hunted with David Musgrave of South Pacific Hunters over 2 years ago. We both paid him in full to have our trophies shipped back to the USA. Mr. Musgrave has stopped answering our calls and emails. I contacted the SCI corporate office in the USA as well as emailing the New Zealand SCI affiliate with no avail. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed I would appreciate it -Australia was a once in a lifetime trip for me and receiving my water buffalo is important.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might get info on the huntfish forum in NZ. I had a problem about 5 years ago . I got a lot of help there.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually I think it is fishnhunt.co.nz

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Yep - try here

http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi

Bound to be someone who can offer assistance

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I am confused a bit here. You shot a water buffalo - that would be in Australia. But you contacted NZ SCI affiliate! Why??

NZ & Australia are further apart than USA & Canada!

We Kiwis are nicer people & we play better rugby! Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
On a more serious note - you might try PMs to some of the Aussie & Kiwi members who are outfitters. They are a small community down under and you just might get some help from the "Inner circle". I doubt if anyone would go public when there is a potential controversy / dispute.

I hope you get your trophies.

You may also have legal options as the NZ fair trading act has teeth and the govt agencies do take it seriously. I know of at least one hunting guide who got his but kicked big time a few years ago.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suggest you join and make a post in this forum. http://www.australianhunting.n...dex.php?action=forum

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I heard the other day that he is currently conducting hunts in Southern Australia, but I don't have his details.
Who did he use as an outfitter on the Buffalo hunt ? I don't think that he would have been licenced in the NT, so he would have had to be sub-contracting to someone. Try chasing them up

posted Hide Post
Thank you to everyone for your help. The reason I contacted NZ SCI is he lives and also hunts in NZ. I will try your suggestions!
...Tom

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He lives in Queenstown, which is about four hours from me.

Posts: 304 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of highlander
posted Hide Post
david@enviro-first.net.nz
021 951 148
and or issouthpacifichunters@gmail.com
the 021 will need the 0 dropped and put 0064 if calling from the US.

Good luck, I'm afraid you'll need it, add yourself to the list. You'll find a similar tread about a year ago.

Gerald Telford, president NZ Professional Hunting Guides Assoc, of which Dave Musgrave is certainly NOT a member!

Please all of you do your due diligence before booking a hunt to NZ. Sadly we have our rogue guides.
Visit the NZPHGA website at the very least.
Gurrr.

Posts: 263 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 08 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NZ is not a big place. He can't hide.

If you have Kiwi or Australian mates, someone may be prepared to have a chat to him. (And no, I am NOT suggesting some sort of vigilante action)

Face to face, or perhaps the phone, is a lot harder to hide from than emails.

Posts: 155 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 30 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure he's not in business anymore.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Treating clients that way it's not surprising.
Good luck on getting your trophies.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Something like that scares lot of potential clients away so I would think Aus/NZ outfitters would do something about it

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Something like that scares lot of potential clients away so I would think Aus/NZ outfitters would do something about it
Like what exactly mate?? Big Grin

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like what exactly mate??

Torch and pitchfork party? Tar and feathers?

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Torch and pitchfork party? Tar and feathers?

wow - visions of sheet-clad horsemen and burning crosses in the darkness...

Every country has a handfull of dishonest operators. We read about them all the time in the African forum , and the US forum. Hell , Aussie still has good old Lance Abbey and we have had the late Mr Nunnick in recent times . Whenever there is a dollar to be made there will be vultures.

Do your homework before you book , ask for the names of other clients the company have and check up on the reliability and performance of the company. Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just for clarity; You know that was a joke right? Big Grin

Posts: 1928 | Location: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJVCT:
I'm writing on this forum because I need help. I am an SCI member and myself and another member and his teenage son hunted with David Musgrave of South Pacific Hunters over 2 years ago. We both paid him in full to have our trophies shipped back to the USA. Mr. Musgrave has stopped answering our calls and emails. I contacted the SCI corporate office in the USA as well as emailing the New Zealand SCI affiliate with no avail. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed I would appreciate it -Australia was a once in a lifetime trip for me and receiving my water buffalo is important.

Hey PM me your personnel info, in case I happens to speak to him again, I can see if I can get this resolved for you. I had plans some years back to working with Dave as a booking agent but as you know he fell off the planet.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad too....I had a great hunt with him and was planning another when he went MIA

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Unexpectedly I received an email from Dave Musgrave last week stating he was in Darwin and needed my shipping info again as he was planning to ship out my horns and cape. I hope he comes thru this time after 2 years. Maybe posting on this forum helped -- Thanks to all!

.....Tom

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great to hear Tom, if you still need anything let me know if I can help!!!!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

www.blueskieshunting.com

1-402-689-2024

One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
let me know if you need a replacement cape. l can help.
Regards,
Stewart Forbes

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote