New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm coming home
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
At the moment. I've been given a date, then two weeks isolation in a hotel. dancing

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, been a while Tony.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
The end of deployment is always bittersweet.

I was never married during one, I didn't get married until I was at year 17 of service, and retired 3 years later.

It is really nice to come home, in the old days it was like being in prison as you had zero connectivity with the outside world.

My last deployment was in 2010. I remember sitting on the couch at Bagram AFB waiting to use the computer trying to ignore a female Major who was sitting near me opening Christmas presents with her kids on skype.

Made for a different scenario then earlier deployments where I never spoke to a soul in my family for 6-10 months.

Looking back on a career of deployments (I was single for the majority of it so I got deployed as much as I cared to), I fondly remember those times abroad.

The world changes without you while you are deployed, it is a strange feeling that most outside of those in prison do not understand.

Welcome home Mate!

Fair Winds and Following Seas!

Seth

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hey John, yeah our trip was extended due to the virus. We were supposed to be home at the end of April, but by the time I get home (After stay in isolation) t will be 8 months.

I know what you mean BWW. Back in Timor in 1999 we had one 10 minute phone call a week. Now we can skype every day.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote