New
Find
Notify
Tools

sporting agents
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
it fine starting an informitive thread BUt when someone comes on and attacks an individual and then is prooved to be doing the same thing,I find this shocking

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of londonhunter
posted Hide Post
Can somebody post a link to Sikmalm's web site please I cannot locate it for some reason

Posts: 1661 | Location: London | Registered: 14 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by londonhunter:
Can somebody post a link to Sikmalm's web site please I cannot locate it for some reason

here you go my freind take a good long read what this company offers,of which Iam sure is very good,BUT to publically state another estate is a ZOO becuase exotic and large animals are availabe for trophy hunters,when this company is offerening the same thing really takes the piss
http://www.ukoutfitters.co.uk/aboutus.htm
obvioulsy forgot to add to there profile that they also have double standards

Posts: 103 | Location: England | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
This may be a bit late but that is because I had a job to 're-find' the site.
This was the outcome of my trip with Mr Carr.
Well, I'm back and it all went as follows.
He offered me a two day 'discounted' trip to Bavaria, a £770 trip for £700.
I didn't realise it was bed and breakfast only, but more of that later, and I had to arrange my own flight on top of the £700.
Travel Friday, shoot Saturday and Sunday and travel back Sunday night.
I took it and when I got to Frankfurt had to wait three hours for another to arrive and was then told a vehicle would collect us both.
It did and we were asked for to split the 50 Euro fare between us!!
On the last day we had to pack our kit and change in the forest or back at the airport as we were travelling straight back to the airport for our flight home.
I speak German so got chatting and it seems there was an Advert placed in the Deutche Jagde und Hund magazine for all and sundry with a German hunting Licence to turn up, pay 150 Euros a day and take part, we paid something like £300 a day.
There were 71 hunters on the first day, I don't know how many turned out on the second day but the second day finished at midday and over the two days only seventeen pigs were shot and all were small.
Good fun, good company, very different to what I am used to, enjoyed it to a degree but I don't think I'll go with him again.
The thing I disliked most was the fact that when we finished shooting, instead of going back to our accomodation, washing, changing and going for dinner, we were all taken, still in our shooting kit and muddy boots with rifles, to a big Restaurant in a village and given a menu to choose our dinner from, which was not particularly cheap, and by the time we had all finished it was nearly midnight before we got back to clean up and get ready for the next day.
He seems to be a genuine guy but very badly organised, which spoils things. Everybody was going round asking, what was next, where do we go now, what's happening etc etc.
I didn't see a shootable pig, but that's how it goes so he can't be blamed for that but organisation wise, he could do better!!

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sorry guys
i hav only just seen this thread
Peter Carr i don't know, but hav heard rumours can't divulge as they are rumours as yet
Malcolm Harman
i do know
never hunted with him but he did offer me a good rate at cost value
and still stands by that 2 years on
so can't judge him other than that
but i do feel that from the conversations i hav had from over the phone the trophys he offers are by fair chase only if they are in a pak
fair chase i don't know but wild they maybe
like i say never been on one so can't comment fully as yet

Posts: 238 | Location: coventry, England | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A few years ago we were called in to shoot a wildboar that was killing lambs, an escapee from Carminnows. A neighbouring estates keeper shot 5 one evening as he was out lamping foxes, he said they just surrounded the L/Rover waiting to be fed.
I also have a syndicate member that went to shoot a wild boar at Carminnows,he stalked in aproximately 80 acres after a few hours he eventually found one fast asleep up against the fence..
Now that may not be my cup of tea, but it may float the boat for someone else who may never have the chance to shoot something of that ilk.

regards
griff

Posts: 1179 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote