New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting In Norway
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ms AAZW is in northern Norway on a tour with her Ozzie pals and fell in love with the place. She is begging me to book a hunt in Norway so she can return next year.

Anyone have any suggestions or contacts?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be watching this....been itching to hunt Scandinavia.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 174 | Location: Cumbria | Registered: 30 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What, exactly, can you hunt in Norway that they don't hunt in Sweden or Denmark?

Polar bears?

All The Best ...

Posts: 813 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 October 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About Denmark, they don`t have reindeer.
Sweden have the same game animals as Norway, pluss fallow and boar, which we don`t have.
(Well, the pigs are starting to establish them self in the south-eastern part of Norway, slipping in over the border from Sweden).

Wolf, bear and wolverine are only hunted as PAC animals.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to hunt moose in Norway?

Ms AZW is absolutely in love with Norway. She has been hiking up to glaciers, staying in small hotels with amazing views, etc. Her only criticism of the country is that food is expensive; she noted clothing is inexpensive. She did comment that the strong US dollar helps; her Ozzie friends are stung a bit by the low Aus dollar.

Maybe I will go fishing instead. Any thoughts Arild?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have very little knowledge regarding big game hunting for foreigners, but I have flagged the question on a local hunting site.
Hopefully some one vil chime in with some info.

About fishing; all along the western and northern coast there are lots of camps that lend boats and gear for salt water fishing.
Local tourist info offices are usually very helpfull.

Yes, Norway is known / infamous for being an expensive country to travel in as a tourist.
But US$ helps a long way.

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
We were there the beginning of the year.

We'd move there tomorrow.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"What, exactly, can you hunt in Norway that they don't hunt in Sweden or Denmark? "

Reindeer, as some reindeer are only wild in Norway. Domesticated in Sweden, Finland, part of Norway.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Is it possible to hunt moose in Norway?

Ms AZW is absolutely in love with Norway. She has been hiking up to glaciers, staying in small hotels with amazing views, etc. Her only criticism of the country is that food is expensive; she noted clothing is inexpensive. She did comment that the strong US dollar helps; her Ozzie friends are stung a bit by the low Aus dollar.

Maybe I will go fishing instead. Any thoughts Arild?

Just a comment on hunting possibilities in Norway. The organizing is somewhat different as there are primarily the private landowners that organize hunting opportunities. This means that you have to know somebody or a landowner. You can hunt reindeer, roe deer, red deer and moose. Even small game. Send me your email adress in a PM and I will explain more.

Morten

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1137 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And seals you can hunt here in Norway in coastal regions a few,plsces. Depending on licenses in areas and more.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote