WALTER'S OWN

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Walter's Own General Discussions    WFT are so many guys afraid to piss in a urinal in public restrooms?

Moderators: Walterhog
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WFT are so many guys afraid to piss in a urinal in public restrooms?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I travel a lot and have noticed over the years lots of guys are afraid to piss in a urinal. Yesterday I was in IAH; late at night. I was the only guy at the urinal but this guy walks in, looks down the urinals and dashes into a stall, where he proceeds to piss without lifting the seat up.

I notice this mostly happens with young guys. Back when I was in high school and later one the military academies, you took gang showers and never thought anything of it. My nephews tell me it is "gay" to use a urinal. Really?

If you are so self conscious about pissing in a urinal (no, I have no interest in checking out your Johnson), at least lift up the f*&^ing seat.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you have time to study this, I think you have too much time on your hands...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
What gets me is the people who are so da== lazy to flush even their crap.
And you can smell your own crap so why not give others a coursity flush for crying out loud.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stand close, your not that long.

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pissing is a very private matter to me..... Wink

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spent four years in the Army. You quickly lose any concerns about privacy when you shower with 8-10 other guys.

Come to think of it, you do in Jr High in PE class.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Alright alright. I really tried to restrain myself but:

Two guys were pissing in adjacent urinals...
One looks over to the other and sez , "I see you're Jewish..."
The other guy sez, "Ummm yeah ok. So?"
The first guy sez, "and you go to Temple Beth - El in Brooklyn."
The other guy sez, "So just how the hell do you know that??"
First guy sez,"Rabbi Moscowitz cuts on a bias..."

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
H47: rotflmo

AZwriter: One factor may be an obsessive concern with the expectation of sexual privacy. Given the number of men's rooms in which perverts have drilled peepholes in adjacent stalls, it is worth some consideration.
By the way, when I mentioned this to some female friends they had absolutely no idea this kind of thing is common.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
I spent four years in the Army. You quickly lose any concerns about privacy when you shower with 8-10 other guys.

Come to think of it, you do in Jr High in PE class.

Well, between losing the Draft in the '70s and showerless PE classes in junior and senior high schools for over twenty one years, our kids have not been taught the National USA culture as our previous generations were.

I see a reluctance to change pants & T shirts in locker rooms at work as well.

John
Retired husband & grandpa

"Life brings sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Posts: 87 | Location: On permanent vacation in the South West  | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Personally, I have no problems with being shy. I just do not favor being completely vulnerable with my dick in my hand and my back to the door exposed for anybody to attack or molest me. I prefer to seperate myself from any potential attack or mischief until I am in a position to defend myself.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pooh,

I asked a nephew about the showers in the Army. He says you shower enmasse at the appointed time.
The draft ending had nothing to do with it.

A friend who coaches HS football says those sixty-five or so guys shower in a common facility.

dgiraud,

no offense, but I don't go to the restroom anywhere where I have those concerns about my personal safety. Where are you from?

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Flip this question over, why does anyone really care?

If someone does not feel comfortable pissing in a urinal when other people are present, that is their business and they don't owe anyone an explanation now do they.

Some folks seem to just be uncomfortable with pissing in public, is that some sort of a crime?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Idaho,

Bad things can happen anyplace. Working in the big city, you never know who will walk through the door in a public restroom. At any public place, like a stadium, office building, restaurant, or business, it is much rarer to know who is in there with you than it is to have a total stranger walk in. If you don't have the mindset to be prepared for anything, it will eventually bite you. Doesn't mean you have to take a belt fed MG to the can, but you can take an extra 5 seconds to latch a door behind you.

dgiraud

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I am spoiled living in Idaho. But, the training in Ranger School, and having a team member in 'Nam who was a martial artist makes me more assured about things like this.

Note: there are 240 pressure points on the human body, 30 of which will cause death or permanent brain damage if squeezed or pinched for 30 seconds. Take your pulse on the carotid artery some day. Squeezing that blood vessel, or the return vein on the other side for about 10 seconds will cause unconscious, thirty on the artery will cause a permanent vegetative state, and on the vein will cause the blood vessel to burst, causing what they call, iirc, an aneurism. In plain english, the blood vessel expands, due to the back pressure, and bursts. That is the explanation I was given 45 years ago, and I did see this man kill a vietnamese soldier by squeezing his neck for about that time length. Guy lost consciousness in a snap, and never moved or made a sound.

That said, however, one should always make a note of one's surroundings, and be prepared.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:

If someone does not feel comfortable pissing in a urinal when other people are present, that is their business and they don't owe anyone an explanation now do they.

Some folks seem to just be uncomfortable with pissing in public, is that some sort of a crime?

Then lift the fucking seat. I saw a guy pissing in the Delta Club, normally a place with clean bathrooms, not bother to lift up the seat. If you are so "uncomfortable" (WTF???) pissing in a urinal, the least you can do is lift up the seat. I guess since you figure you will hop on a plane and not have to deal with it, it is okay to be rude.

BTW, I seriously doubt you will have anyone try and "mug" you in an airport restroom, particularly an airport club.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Then lift the fucking seat. I saw a guy pissing in the Delta Club, normally a place with clean bathrooms, not bother to lift up the seat. If you are so "uncomfortable" (WTF???) pissing in a urinal, the least you can do is lift up the seat. I guess since you figure you will hop on a plane and not have to deal with it, it is okay to be rude.

BTW, I seriously doubt you will have anyone try and "mug" you in an airport restroom, particularly an airport club.

This. Same guys use there foot to flush.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, if I've got to stand on my tippy toes to pee in a urinal without contaminating that which is most dear to me, I'd rather pee in the toilet. Big Grin Always regard urinal heights as demonstrating just how stupid plumbers can be.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then lift the fucking seat.

I saw a guy pissing in the Delta Club, normally a place with clean bathrooms, not bother to lift up the seat.

If you are so "uncomfortable" (WTF???) pissing in a urinal, the least you can do is lift up the seat. I guess since you figure you will hop on a plane and not have to deal with it, it is okay to be rude.

Just an observation here, but you seem to be the ONLY one having a problem with this!

Humans by and large are the nastiest/filthiest creatures on this planet.

Most men I have ever been around do not pay ANYMORE attention to where they piss than a DOG does. I have been known to piss on a few vehicle tires over the years, those belonging to other people mind you.

After having worked at a major zoo for almost 25 years, I can tell everyone, without reservation, I would rather clean up after animals ANYDAY, than Humans for 30 minutes.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pissers nilly coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am with CrazyHorse on this.

If there was an award for stupidest subject for a topic ever this would have to be near or at the top!
faint
quote:

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
If your hose is short, and your pump is weak, better step up close... or you'll piss on your feet.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by npd345:
I am with CrazyHorse on this.

If there was an award for stupidest subject for a topic ever this would have to be near or at the top!
faint
quote:

I mean, really, who, besides the opening poster, could possibly give a f**K?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lee440:
If your hose is short, and your pump is weak, better step up close... or you'll piss on your feet.

yuck

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can add nothing to this post...

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
After due consideration I worked out the what the non public pissers are doing.
They are checking out the type of urinals. if the urinals is of the type that goes all the way to the floor they will use it. If it's the bolt on the wall type, put there for those who nature shorted or who are still growing, they did not want to back out in the room to use the urinal.
It might also be consideration on their part.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahh yes. "Crown Quiet Flush II.... Sloan Valve Co., USA"

Many many visits back in the day.. Smiler

A good job is sometimes just a series of expertly fixed fark-ups.
Let's see.... is it 20 years experience or is it 1 years experience 20 times?
And I will have you know that I am not an old fart. I am a curmudgeon. A curmudgeon is an old fart with an extensive vocabulary and a really bad attitude.

Posts: 324 | Location: Too far north and 50 years too late | Registered: 02 February 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Hey, if I've got to stand on my tippy toes to pee in a urinal without contaminating that which is most dear to me, I'd rather pee in the toilet. Big Grin Always regard urinal heights as demonstrating just how stupid plumbers can be.

Grizz

Pisses me off they are so low! And NO it wasnt the handicap or shorter stall...I am nearly 6'9"

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote