New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fair Chase Bison Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Biebs ,shooting off the horse ,but that would need a horse trained for that etc ,which i cant imagine anyone letting you do ,otherwise i would like to get a buffalo with a Sharps 50/90, another one to tick off the bucket list in the future

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tank, one o' these type thingies?

Elk, Plus-one on your post. Thanks.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Bill, wasnt that one called the ''The buffalo hunter '' ? i did have one of the longer ones years ago

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tank, yes, a Zoli-built Navy Arms Buffalo Hunter.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16271 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
Have you tried to find a gunsmith who can convert that percussion muzzleloader to centerfire breechloader?
Looks like the barrel might be big enough to reline for 50-70 Govt. Wink

Seriously, what caliber is your "Buffalo Hunter" and is the twist fast enough to use a conical?
Or are you stuck with a roundball?
I reckon Hawken rifles killed a few bison before Buffalo Bill advanced the art to cutting edge technology for his day.

Big-bore Hawken for Buffalo, hmmm ... coffee

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post