New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Cartridge Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted
I need to get some new, unfired brass for my .416 Hoffman and it appears that Quality Cartridge carries that cartridge as a standard offering. Does anyone have experience with them? How is their service? How is the quality of their brass?

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been shooting their 400H&H Brass for 8 years have no complaints

Posts: 1613 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I have not used their brass.

Do they really make brass? My bet is they farm that out.

But I have used their services to headstamp some .378 basic for me as .500 A-Square.

They have done a great job on price for me, and have been very quick on turnaround.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
generally speaking, they buy basic, unheadstamped brass. I think they buy from a couple places.

in general, it's good stuff

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I think maybe you're thinking of a different outfit.

I've talked to Pete Cardona down at Quality Cartridge a few times, and he indicated he built the equipment and makes his own cartridges. I find the quality very good. It seems consistent. It tends to be lighter and harder like Winchester brass rather than heavier and more ductile like Remington brass. I've used .348 Win, 8x56MS, and 416 Taylor brass from Quality. All those have been very good. Service has also been excellent.

HTH,
Steve

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the good reviews. I’ve called them, just have to hear back from them now.

Posts: 3855 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought some .416 Hoffman from them several months ago but have not loaded it yet. After buying it I saw some feedback that the shoulder angle was questionable. I have not reloaded mine yet.

I have used their .257 STW brass for years and it is good quality.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I bought 60 sticks of 9.3x66 from them and have been very happy wit the quality and service.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I bought 100 pieces of .318 W.R. from them 12 years ago and have not had a failure yet. I am pretty sure in my conversations with the owner that they did indeed, make their own brass, they can be slow though.

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called them 2 or 3 years ago and ordered 200 pieces of .401 WSL brass. He told me he was waiting for the brass blanks to show up. I still haven't heard from them.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

DRSS; NRA; Illinois State Rifle Association; Missouri Sport Shooting Association

“One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce, and canonized those who complain.”
– Thomas Sowell, “The Vision Of The Anointed: Self-Congratulation As A Basis For Social Policy”

Posts: 771 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With Quote