THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TAXIDERMY FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Taxidermy    Let's see your Mid Asian Ibex Mounts!!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let's see your Mid Asian Ibex Mounts!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted
My Horns just arrived at my Taxidermist last week. They are just waiting for the Hide to come back from the Tannery. I had my Ibex caped for a shoulder mount I will need to decide pretty soon. I would love to see how yours is mounted? I am thinking a wall pedestal.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Here's a life-size Slider

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2007 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shot an ibex in Mongolia in 99; mounted him turned 90 deg, which I prefer for stuff like sable, gemsbok, etc.

Most new mounts smell like fiberglass resin or something; not so with that ibex: smelled like a goat for two years IIRC.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine just returned from the taxidermist. Love it but can't post pictures. Send me a PM and I will email to you for sharing.

Ski+3

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
quote:
SkiBumplus3
I sent you a P.M. Thanks Jerry. I love the full mount's but I have ran out of room. That is why I am looking at a wall pedestal.

Posts: 2328 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Slider...
I just read your PM and sent you an email with pictures. Feel free to post here. Thanks for helping.

Ski+3

Posts: 858 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Haha!
You are the person wanting the pictures and you had to post them for me. Smiler

Ski+3