New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Filing BK Again
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Page B1 in today's WSJ. Navajo Nation is exploring buying assets.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw that too John...interesting!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No handguns in a product line is a risky venture.

Hunting rifles are dead and ar are commoditized.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Seeing the way the product quality has fallen and/or cheapened and the fact that they have moved plants several times this is not a surprise to me at all.

Posts: 5699 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
could care less about Remington.

it's all the other companies they acquired I do care about.
life will get some more expensive when sierra and Barnes etc. are not available anymore.

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beretta682E:

Mike

Actually Mike, the WSJ mentioned the move was in response to Sandy Hook lawsuits. Reminds me of a time I sat next to an attorney who told me had won a huge lawsuit against Dow Corning; his cut of it was going to make his very wealthy.

"Wait," I said, "I think I know how this ends...didn't they declare BK?" He said they did indeed.

ABB had a big asbestos lawsuit pending against them and said to the plaintiff's attorneys they could take "X" or ABB would declare BK. They took "X."

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
could care less about Remington.

it's all the other companies they acquired I do care about.
life will get some more expensive when sierra and Barnes etc. are not available anymore.

Barnes? How did Barnes get involved with Remington, did someone get lost between SLC and Las Vegas and find their building?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hard to miss you could see it from the freeway.

Posts: 4973 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
hard to miss you could see it from the freeway.

Yup, and when I stopped in there I found out that they don't do tours. Disappointing...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Mike

You know your rifles that's for sure......how's that long range Blaser project coming along by the way?

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barnes? How did Barnes get involved with Remington, did someone get lost between SLC and Las Vegas and find their building?

On the east side of the freeway in Juab County, under the shadows of Mount Nebo and across from the little Utah town of Mona. Just north a few miles from the small city of Nephi. Moved there to get away from the build up in Utah County and the City of American Fork. Big Grin I used to hunt ducks and geese on Mona reservoir as a teenager. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:

Mike

Actually Mike, the WSJ mentioned the move was in response to Sandy Hook lawsuits. Reminds me of a time I sat next to an attorney who told me had won a huge lawsuit against Dow Corning; his cut of it was going to make his very wealthy.

"Wait," I said, "I think I know how this ends...didn't they declare BK?" He said they did indeed.

ABB had a big asbestos lawsuit pending against them and said to the plaintiff's attorneys they could take "X" or ABB would declare BK. They took "X."

Someone I knew did the initial roll up at Cerberus.

They needed a handgun to fill their product line. They were looking For one when sandy hook happened.

After sandy hook the lp investors did not want a firearms company in the fund. So they transferred the company to gp.

In time go filed ch 11 and debt holders owned it.

The sandy hook litigation continues but the product line has sucked forever and the new owners were former debt holders.

Cerberus took out its initial capital and more in dividends and management fees.

Just a failed roll up but no one at Cerberus lost capital (did lose opportunity as it was marked at billion plus in 2012)

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grubbs:
quote:

Mike

You know your rifles that's for sure......how's that long range Blaser project coming along by the way?

Shot .21 in 3 shot group and .37 in 5 shot group. By the way you sound like that idiot jgraider Big Grin

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats.....a $500 Tikka will do that. What do your groups look like at 500?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I lived in Smithfield for awhile when I worked in Logan, used to go back and forth to Riverside now and then.

TomP

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

They needed a handgun to fill their product line. They were looking For one when sandy hook happened.

After sandy hook the lp investors did not want a firearms company in the fund. So they transferred the company to gp.

The sandy hook litigation continues but the product line has sucked forever and the new owners were former debt holders.

Cerberus took out its initial capital and more in dividends and management fees.

Just a failed roll up but no one at Cerberus lost capital (did lose opportunity as it was marked at billion plus in 2012)

Mike

Cerebus also owned NewPage Corp and declared BK. Cost me a few pennies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a rifle back at Remington for repairs. I hope I get it back.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Eeker Eeker Eeker Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mike

Mike

Cerebus also owned NewPage Corp and declared BK. Cost me a few pennies.

Cerberus is smart money. They are exceptional at working a position and cap structure. Only comp is Apollo.

They have a few bankruptcies but they often take out money via dividends and fees.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats.....a $500 Tikka will do that. What do your groups look like at 500?

I don’t need to ask other people how I spend my money.

Are you the jgraider ? Why happen you got banned ?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't care how a guy spends his money. I was asking a serious question.......How are your groups at 300 and/or 500?

one of us
posted Hide Post
When investment companies take over and get into the BK cycle it is hard to get out of it.

Posts: 19364 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
So when are car and alcohol producers going to become part of the liability money pit that lawyers can sue for individual peoples irresponsible actions?
Jus sayin . . .

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care how a guy spends his money. I was asking a serious question.......How are your groups at 300 and/or 500?

You surely must be jgraider - why not man up and say yes or no.

.96 at 318 yards with a blaser scope which has one moa illuminated dot reticle (it is a hunting scope). 300 meter is my max range.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
So when are car and alcohol producers going to become part of the liability money pit that lawyers can sue for individual peoples irresponsible actions?
Jus sayin . . .

Tobacco has been sued into exceptional profitability.

Auto get sued on a regular basis.

Alcohol is well behaved.

Guns used to be protected but not any more on a state level.

Mike