New
Find
Notify
Tools

Older Brenneke 16ga Slugs Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to find a small supply of the old style 16ga Brenneke slugs, not the new "Magnum" plastic-hull version, for use in my drillings.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you need the 2 3/4 or 2 1/2? Reason I ask is that the 2 1/2 are slowly becoming available again from Brenneke.

Other than that, I can't help.

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Either, just not the magnum ones that seem to be all that's offered now.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't think the 2 1/2 in. hulls Brenneke is once again offering to be Magnum as they started making them again for all the old, 2 1/2 chambered drillings, combination guns and double guns. They are however plastic.

The only two places I can think where you might even get a lead on some are the following:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

There is a German and Austrian forum on the above board. and:

http://www.germanguns.com/upload/forum.php

If it is known about German firearms and ammo someone on the above board will know it.

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They regulate well in my Triebel drilling at the right barrel. I am about out of them (3 left).

The Remington Managed Recoil Sluggers work great in my 12ga guns, but they don't load them in 16. Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow...nothing like being up against it. Hopefully someone on one of those two sites can help and point you in a direction. Wish I could be of more help luv.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I have been getting Brenneke Classic slugs from either Cabelas or Cheaper than Dirt. I emailed Brenneke and they told me the Classic is made like the original as far as pressure and velocity.

Have you tried the standard Remington or Federal lead slug? They all shoot about the same from my Krieghoff drilling so I am guessing the velocity is similar in all of them.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only "Classic" brennekes I see these places are the magnums with the classic slug. These are a bit more "severe" than I like to shoot in my drillings; having new hinge pins made and fitted is expensive.

I have tried the standard Remington and Federal slugs. While they regulate pretty well, they aren't nearly as accurate as the old style Brennekes. They are effective out to about 60 yards, IMO. The Brennekes shot tighter at 100 yards than the domestics at 60 yards. Even the US standard velocity slugs are hard to find; everyone needs "Magnum" everything. hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The newly imported Brenneke 2.5 inch slugs are the old traditional style slug. Several distributors have them now. They cost about $10 for five.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I found a dealer with them for about $8.50/box-5.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/.../cName/16-gauge-slug

I appreciate the heads up. I didn't know they were making the 2 1/2" again. dancing