THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Page 1 2 

Moderators: Aaron Neilson, ledvm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USFWS does not uplist lion to endangered!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Is this 4d rule for all African lion or all threatened species?

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36392 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How does this differ from leopards requiring CITES approval?

USMC Retired
DSC Life Member
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 730 | Location: Maryland Eastern Shore | Registered: 27 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is basically the same as leopard on the surface...but the 4(d) rule (which is specifically written for lion) gives USF&W authority to deny import for many reasons hard to refute by a hunter, hunting operator, or even the country of export.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36392 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't been following this closely, so please excuse any misconceptions I may have. Does this mean that the hunter who goes to Africa and hunts a lion does not know if he will be able to import it into the USA until it actually gets to the border?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The answer is yes...but my understanding is thus far USF&W has NOT roadblocked any.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
A bit off the subject, but worth consideration is the canned hunt lions, or any animal for that matter, that is so condemned by most folks when in fact it may turn out to be the salvation of many species, if we look beyond the emotional approach to hunting?? Not offering an opinion, just suggesting a reasonable and possible approach for consideration and mind change perhaps as a last resort.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41748 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post