Find
Notify
Tools

deleted posts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you posted while I was typing but did you shoot that lion in zim. Just curious. I am going to zim (SAVE) in 2013. I am not sure what the age of that lion is but he looks nice. If I ere guessin which i would be i would say 5 but as you know that is a guess. Back legs and overa;; body may give a better idea but if I said I would not shoot I might be kying so I would say great trophy how did you mount it?

Yes, that cat is from the Save. With what operator will you be hunting when you go in 2013?

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shangaan I know about them but do not know them well. I really don't need anything else there but i have heard there are quite a few elephant and leopard as well. I know that the save has good lions. I have seen good pictures from there it just seems hard to be in one of them.I have driven around there but it was 30 years ago.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This area went from great idea to a contest to see who has the biggest dick in record time.

How sad.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if thats the case I lose badly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
shangaan I know about them but do not know them well. I really don't need anything else there but i have heard there are quite a few elephant and leopard as well. I know that the save has good lions. I have seen good pictures from there it just seems hard to be in one of them.I have driven around there but it was 30 years ago.

That is a very nice camp and they have a very healthy population of lion in that part of the concervancy. I think you will have fun there. It won't be a cake walk though because those kitties are smart.

Posts: 2826 | Location: Houston | Registered: 01 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
gerry, make sure you have a lighted reticle on your scope, I know the last 2 male lions that came off of Senuko would not stand for any light.

Posts: 5179 | Registered: 30 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually just bit the bullet and bought one. I bought a swarovski as I have had good luck with them. I will say I have the trjicon post on a 416 rigby that is nice I just like more magnification. I could use it if I had to but I think the swaro will be good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can shoot a lion in august but I will have to get lucky as I had to cut my hunt back to 14 days although I have the 21 day license. I have a couple of critters that i need up there also which takes time. Somehow people watch Tv and think you can shoot lion, leopard, ele and buff in 30 min.