The Accurate Reloading Forums
deleted posts

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3311002751/m/2981066851

10 July 2011, 02:18
smarterthanu
deleted posts
quote:
you posted while I was typing but did you shoot that lion in zim. Just curious. I am going to zim (SAVE) in 2013. I am not sure what the age of that lion is but he looks nice. If I ere guessin which i would be i would say 5 but as you know that is a guess. Back legs and overa;; body may give a better idea but if I said I would not shoot I might be kying so I would say great trophy how did you mount it?

Yes, that cat is from the Save. With what operator will you be hunting when you go in 2013?
10 July 2011, 03:44
gerryb
shangaan I know about them but do not know them well. I really don't need anything else there but i have heard there are quite a few elephant and leopard as well. I know that the save has good lions. I have seen good pictures from there it just seems hard to be in one of them.I have driven around there but it was 30 years ago.
10 July 2011, 15:54
dla69
This area went from great idea to a contest to see who has the biggest dick in record time.

How sad.
10 July 2011, 20:03
gerryb
if thats the case I lose badly.
10 July 2011, 22:42
smarterthanu
quote:
shangaan I know about them but do not know them well. I really don't need anything else there but i have heard there are quite a few elephant and leopard as well. I know that the save has good lions. I have seen good pictures from there it just seems hard to be in one of them.I have driven around there but it was 30 years ago.

That is a very nice camp and they have a very healthy population of lion in that part of the concervancy. I think you will have fun there. It won't be a cake walk though because those kitties are smart.
10 July 2011, 23:17
505 gibbs
gerry, make sure you have a lighted reticle on your scope, I know the last 2 male lions that came off of Senuko would not stand for any light.
11 July 2011, 00:57
gerryb
I actually just bit the bullet and bought one. I bought a swarovski as I have had good luck with them. I will say I have the trjicon post on a 416 rigby that is nice I just like more magnification. I could use it if I had to but I think the swaro will be good.
11 July 2011, 00:59
gerryb
I can shoot a lion in august but I will have to get lucky as I had to cut my hunt back to 14 days although I have the 21 day license. I have a couple of critters that i need up there also which takes time. Somehow people watch Tv and think you can shoot lion, leopard, ele and buff in 30 min.