New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand version M-98?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I didn't know the Mauser 98 was made in a left hand version fur Der Wehrmacht lefties. (?)
I saw a WWI soldier with one on the Milt. Channel.
Or was the picture transposed?

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It was most likely flipped.

Zastava sells left-hand M-98s.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
The photo WAS backwards. I've seen photos of lefthanded stg/44s too. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pretty much thought so but was't 100% certain.

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Many years ago, P.O. Ackley had left-hand model 98 variants made for him, and sold the actions for a couple hundred each. They were fine actions.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
zastava and "legacy" sold modern m98's that were left handed -- herr mauser AG never did

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never! The Germans are all a right handed race. I recall my childhood in Bitburg + Nuremburg where I was forcibly made to sit on my left hand when eating.Still can't get used to a left hand bolt.A good bud told me after seeing "Saving Private Ryan" that he thought of me as their sniper was A LEFTY W/ AN 03. What a compliment!

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote