THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SPORTERIZED MILITARY RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Sporterized Military Rifles    Help needed to ID this tube magazine Mauser

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help needed to ID this tube magazine Mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Dad brought a "treasure" home from his early morning garage sale mission last weekend and I'm trying to help him research what he has. Have any of you come accross a tubular magazine 98 sporter before? I know there were some post WWI 2-shot shotgun builds (Geha, Remo, Hard Hit Hard) but this one has a multi-shot magazine running the full length of the forearm under the barrel. The barrel is marked "Remo Cal. 44" with "Krupp" and "Stahl" markings and the chamber cast measures as a 44-40!? It has a pressed horn buttplate labeled Remo as well. He sent this poor quality picture and is working on sending some more showing the elevator/magazine mechanism. Can anyone shed some light? Did Remo use a surplus military action to build this sporter during the Treaty of Versailles for an American customer ("Cal. 44")? Current value? Thanks for your help.

Posts: 215 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
no data.. but that's cool!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very cool & i would love to see some pictures of the magazine assembly

Posts: 107 | Location: alvin texas | Registered: 09 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dirtyjim:
very cool & i would love to see some pictures of the magazine assembly

+1

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somebody gut an early 11mm mauser for the feed system??

one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mousegun1:
Somebody gut an early 11mm mauser for the feed system??

That's possible. Or, someone copied one.

I watched an old gunsmith friend of mine make and extended magazine sporter out of an 11mm Mauser a few years ago. It was amazing to see what he put together using mostly over-the-counter parts from Brownells.

I also wished I'd had the money to buy one of those 11mm Mausers before everyone snapped them all up... Frowner

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Screw a bunch of engineers. We common gunsmiths can show surprising insight and are probably wrong no more often than the engineers (see; collapsing buildings, falling cranes, exploding shuttles, etc. etc.) Regards, Bill L."

I guess Bill L must have turned away business from engineers.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should have asked "The Fat Albert" first.
http://parallaxscurioandrelicf...yuku.com/topic/27781
Save the applause---send money.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote